Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 10:38 AM

258 posts, read 672,774 times

Advertisements

I know almost no one uses CB anymore, but being an old trucker I still like to have when when I road trip in the big van. I got the CB installed in our conversion van, but am having trouble finding an antenna. Radio shack guys looked at me like "whats a CB" since the store pretty much only sells cell phone accessories now (anyone else remember the REAL shack?) I found a cheap one at wal-mart, but its a magnetic mount, and I have no way to mount it on this style van..any good spot is either Fiberglass (roof) or plastic (hood). I need either a hood clip mount or bumper mount

So does anyone know where to go get one? or if you have one PM me (i'm in Wake Forest)

Thanks in advance....never realized this would be so hard to find.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 10:57 AM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,495,321 times
SOME Radio Shacks have them. If you need one today (like I did, I went to these guys)

Nightrunner Electronics

1020 Green Hill Rd
Franklinton, NC 27525
919-494-2525

Old 09-19-2011, 11:15 AM

746 posts, read 1,242,147 times
Trader Joe's
Joe's Trading Post - (919) 556-4299
SId Eve's Rd 3/4 Mile North of Hwy 98, just west of the 401/98 intersection
His shop is in a large metal structure behind the house.

Might want to call first he is not open every day.

But you can get an antenna at nearly any truck stop as well

Old 09-19-2011, 11:18 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,163,172 times
Head over to Smithfield and hit up one of the larger truck stops along I-95.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:02 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
Trader Joe's
Joe's Trading Post - (919) 556-4299
SId Eve's Rd 3/4 Mile North of Hwy 98, just west of the 401/98 intersection
His shop is in a large metal structure behind the house.

Might want to call first he is not open every day.

But you can get an antenna at nearly any truck stop as well
He's open 6pm-9pm M-F, 9-2 Sat., closed on Sunday. He'll definitely have what you need. I have also saw CB antennas at Walmart.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:12 PM

1 posts, read 3,867 times
Default trader joes is a no go

Trader joes is one nasty rude man walk in his shop oneday and heard him say how he is taking these dum people money and he said hr wish black people didnt even come to his shop well he gets no more business from me and I'm a white man

Old 02-19-2015, 06:57 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nite rider View Post
Trader joes is one nasty rude man walk in his shop oneday and heard him say how he is taking these dum people money and he said hr wish black people didnt even come to his shop well he gets no more business from me and I'm a white man
Meet me over there and we'll ask him about this story because I don't believe you. Sorry.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:58 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,770,378 times
CB antennas are not hard to find, if you know where to look. Radioshack does sell them (p/n 21-903), as do MFJ (p/n 1966) and a few online CB outlets.

Hopefully the OP found what he needed seeing this is an old post. I heard about Trader Joe from a ham website, haven't heard much about his business practices.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 2,983 times
Trader Joe is an elderly man who cares for his wife during the day. He supplements his retirement income by retailing citizen's band and amateur radio equipment. He has a large selection of new CB radio equipment, and every accessory you can imagine. You may have to overlook a coat of dust, Mr. Joe doesn't get around that well any longer. I believe that Joe acquires some of his used equipment in estate "silent key" sales. I cannot testify to whether or not he gives good value for the equipment he acquires this way. I would be prepared to check out any used equipment before you part with your money. Joe may have been able to adequately test and repair used equipment at one time, but I suspect he is no longer able to do that effectively due to his advanced years. Sadly we don't have many choices for "off the shelf" equipment, accessory and cable purchases in the Raleigh area these days. Caveat emptor.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:30 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,927,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68scout View Post
I know almost no one uses CB anymore, but being an old trucker I still like to have when when I road trip in the big van. I got the CB installed in our conversion van, but am having trouble finding an antenna. Radio shack guys looked at me like "whats a CB" since the store pretty much only sells cell phone accessories now (anyone else remember the REAL shack?) I found a cheap one at wal-mart, but its a magnetic mount, and I have no way to mount it on this style van..any good spot is either Fiberglass (roof) or plastic (hood). I need either a hood clip mount or bumper mount

So does anyone know where to go get one? or if you have one PM me (i'm in Wake Forest)

Thanks in advance....never realized this would be so hard to find.....
What kind of mount is it? Do you need an antenna that screws onto the side view mirror, the roof, or what? Try one of the truck dealers in town like the Freightliner or International places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary