U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 12:43 PM

519 posts, read 618,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
Hey - we moved from Toms River, NJ in 2005 and we've never looked back. We live in Holly Springs but I hear good things about Clayton...Good luck with the move. It's all full of relocated Yankees here anyway!!!
Unforutunately, there's many relocated Red Sox as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,152 times
My father is retired and lives in NJ. His taxes are really hurting him too. Life down here is sooo different, for the better. I have 2 at West Johnston and am very happy with that school. There are 2 areas in Johnston County where you can get a very nice affordable home with good schools and that's Clayton and also the Cleveland area (to locals its 40/42). Its an unincorporated area in western Johnston County - the Cleveland Township. You can't search for homes specifically in this area since it isn't a town but do look at homes there. As far as Wake Forest, it's a lovely quaint town. My issue with it is it's sooo far down Route 1 and the traffic is a nightmare. I know I40 traffic can be an issue but Wake Forest is much farther away. I'm originally from the suburbs of Philly and I wanted to get away from traffic so I would never live there. I think that any school is fine, its the teacher that makes or breaks a child's experience. Best of luck on your move. Come for a visit and you'll see what we're all talking about -- and don't forget to look at the Cleveland area

Old 07-08-2014, 01:02 PM

5 posts, read 1,618 times
Default Comtemplating a move in a few years

My husband & I will retire in a few years and are thinking of buying a house now to rent until we do move down. Can anyone tell me what the rental market is like in Clayton, Knightdale and Angier? Also, what are your opinions of these 3 towns? Thanks so much for any comments and advice.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:00 PM

3,640 posts, read 3,988,685 times
Knightdale is much closer to everything than the other places you mentioned. We have a Target, Walmart, TJMaxx, Petsmart, Dick's Sporting Goods, Kohls, and the usual restaurants and medical offices. The nearest Mall is 10 minutes away. We have a new park with dog park and the amphitheater is being built. And, if you like comedy, Goodnight's club in Raleigh is straight down hwy 64 and 15-20 minute drive non rush hour. And downtown Raleigh has some great indy restaurants and museums. However, all areas are reasonably priced and safe places to live. And are growing communities. Clayton has a lot of NE transplants there, not sure about Angier? Knightdale tends to have more locals and the usual mix of folks from all over world and US. My cul de sac is like United Nations

Old 07-15-2014, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
Knightdale is much closer to everything than the other places you mentioned. We have a Target, Walmart, TJMaxx, Petsmart, Dick's Sporting Goods, Kohls, and the usual restaurants and medical offices. The nearest Mall is 10 minutes away. We have a new park with dog park and the amphitheater is being built. And, if you like comedy, Goodnight's club in Raleigh is straight down hwy 64 and 15-20 minute drive non rush hour. And downtown Raleigh has some great indy restaurants and museums. However, all areas are reasonably priced and safe places to live. And are growing communities. Clayton has a lot of NE transplants there, not sure about Angier? Knightdale tends to have more locals and the usual mix of folks from all over world and US. My cul de sac is like United Nations
RaleighLass thank you for the information! Do you know anything about the rental markets in Knightdale or Clayton? Knightdale sounds like a great place and I definitely am looking in that area. Thanks for any info you can give!

Old 07-15-2014, 12:52 PM

Hi! i am sorry, I don't know about rentals- if you mean homes. DM me if you'd like realtor rec to help you with a rental. Apartments run around $920ish for a 2 bedroom. or they did in Feb when I helped a family member find one. Hope this helps!

Old 07-29-2014, 09:24 AM

Thank you RaleighLass! We do have a realtor we are working with (just not ready to buy yet so I hate to bother him with too many questions). We are planning to buy a house in Garner, Knightdale or Clayton and then rent it out for a couple of years until we retire. I was wondering if homes rent out quickly in those areas.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:49 PM

It seems they do in Knightdale, I can't speak about the other areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary