Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 08:57 PM

1,732 posts, read 2,559,281 times

Advertisements

It's off to the side of the road. You don't Have to look at it, you know. What happened to freedom of expression?

Old 09-22-2011, 10:48 PM

1,309 posts, read 2,928,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia16 View Post
Seriously... where does one get a boar's head?
I get mine at the Harris Teeter on Green Level Church Rd. They just started to handle it within the last 2 months. Love their pickles and cheeses.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:25 AM

1,714 posts, read 2,760,051 times
I am not familiar with the location but from the picture I'd say the 'trophy' kinda blends in nicely with the surrounding. I have seen similar 'trophy's' in the lobby of some really nice hotels. If the critter had not been treated in some manner I would think perhaps another 'trophy' would have found a way to make it a meal by now.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:14 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,153,061 times
It's on someone's private property. Why should they have to take it down just because YOU don't like it? The use of the pole is between them and the utility company. But people use those poles all the time for signage. Live and let live, quit trying to dictate how other people live their lives on THEIR property! It may be a Halloween decoration for all you know! Find something important to complain about!

Old 09-23-2011, 06:47 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,680,282 times
I'm all for freedom of expression, but I know plenty of kids who would be seriously traumatized by this. Mine are very stressed by dead animals and even upset about killing roaches. I really doubt they were thinking about that. They were probably just thinking it looked cool to them. In which case, why can't they hang it on the other side of the barn?

Old 09-23-2011, 06:59 AM

1,714 posts, read 2,760,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarySue View Post
I'm all for freedom of expression, but I know plenty of kids who would be seriously traumatized by this. Mine are very stressed by dead animals and even upset about killing roaches. I really doubt they were thinking about that. They were probably just thinking it looked cool to them. In which case, why can't they hang it on the other side of the barn?
your kidding ... right ?

Old 09-23-2011, 07:18 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,153,061 times
^ I sure hope so.....because that's pretty ridiculous! Any kid traumatized by that, is being strongly influenced by a parent. And not in a good way.

Are your kids vegans? My son turned 5 yesterday, and completely understands where meat comes from....and has no problem talking about the cow or pig he's eating.

I used to tiptoe around explaining to him why that deer was napping on the shoulder of the road! But he's smarter than I gave him credit for. I now have to explain why people don't eat roadkill!

Old 09-23-2011, 10:05 AM

37 posts, read 42,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annesg View Post
OK, I wonder all of these things, too, but what I REALLY wonder is if you're reporting the shots being fired? If they're within hearing distance of you, don't you worry about that? I mean, I'd sure as heck call the cops every time I heard a shot, if only to annoy the crap out of them to they stop the land owners from whatever they're doing!
Did it ever occur to you, that what the land owners are doing is none of your business?

Assuming they aren't violating any known ordinances, shooting on their land is perfectly within their rights.

Perhaps you shouldn't move out into the country, even if the nice subdivision sales droids DID say it was all perfect and everything.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:07 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,799,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia16 View Post
Questions:

1. Can we do anything to get them to move it? Something tells me anyone can gut an animal anywhere they want on their property and we don't have a say in it... but I thought I'd ask. If this thing starts to decompose, it could frighten a child or two.
2. Are there wild boars in the area? I've heard gunshots coming from the farm... maybe it's boar-related... just curious. (We're on the Cary/Chatham county border)
Just a reminder that ^^ this ^^ is what the OP is asking. Please address the topic rather than tossing barbs at each other.

Thanks!

Old 09-23-2011, 10:09 AM

892 posts, read 3,154,702 times
In some places there are restrictions about how far a shooter must be from subdivisions. Look it up locally perhaps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary