Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2011, 07:55 PM

97 posts, read 209,726 times

Advertisements

Trying to sale my home. And I want to use one of those companies. Could anyone suggest a good one. (We Buy Homes)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 08:19 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,808,159 times
Please remember to make your recommendations via DM only -- NOT on the open forum.

Thanks!

Old 09-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 21 days ago)

43,174 posts, read 76,806,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boob73 View Post
Trying to sale my home. And I want to use one of those companies. Could anyone suggest a good one. (We Buy Homes)
If you are going into foreclosure, as your other thread suggested, it is difficult to think that a "We Buy Houses" outfit will be able to bail you out.

They pay wholesale prices for homes which have equity. Your benefit would be a quick sale, but at a large discount from true retail market value.
Of course, if you don't have equity, that type of sale just may not work.
And, if there are any issues with the condition of the property, then the discount they would expect from full retail would be even larger.
They buy to make a profit, and that has to be built in when they purchase.

I know that this has to be an exceedingly stressful situation for you, but I hope you have investigated all avenues of selling, not just dumping the house at wholesale.

Some of the caveats in the brochure below, most particularly the benefit of knowing all parties' roles, apply to ANY sale:
http://www.ncrec.gov/pdf/brochures/WorkingwAgents.pdf

Old 09-25-2011, 05:48 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,123,350 times
Many of these are frauds which will not pay off your mortgage and then throw a tenant in the house until it is foreclosed.

Be sure you have a real estate lawyer review any deal before signing.

YOU ARE TREADING ON THIN ICE HERE!

Good luck.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:43 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,375,983 times
Multiply your homes value by 0.70 if in good condition. If you can sell for that amount list with a FSBO ASAP and you will have people falling over themselves to buy it.

If you cannot sell for that (no equity or no money to bring to the table) you must obtain a short sale. I would find a Realtor who specializes in it, as there must be some with a large amount of experience out there by now. The old way (as of a few years ago) of doing short sales with investors doing double closes and land trusts I think is pretty much defunct, that is how I did them (I was the guy knocking on peoples doors).

If your home is already slated for foreclosure and you are within 4 weeks I hate to say it but you are probably done.

I don't know if NC is judicial or non-judicial, if judicial you can still stay in the home for quite a while as they work through the proceedings.

Good luck and keep your chin up I know many who have been there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary