Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 10:42 AM

794 posts, read 1,324,994 times

Advertisements

I just got approval to take an Adobe InDesign class (for work) for my continuing education/personal goal.

I did a basic google search and found a few places - NC State continuing ed, Wake Technical Community College, onlc.com...The outlines for the classes look similar but the prices vary.

Just wondering if anyone has taken a class either at one of those above or somewhere else in the area that they would recommend.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 11:57 AM

621 posts, read 2,217,901 times
Haven't taken any cont. ed. courses, but I teach one at Wake Tech.. Overall, it seems like the students enjoy the course. However, I have to add that the course lab (I teach a computer course), at least the one that I teach out of, doesn't provide a great learning environment. I constantly have technical difficulties with things in the lab (e.g. projector not working, lights not working, the room being used as temporary storage, computers not facing the front of the room, etc). Can't speak for the facilities at NCSU, as I haven't really visited any of the classrooms.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:16 PM

371 posts, read 1,218,510 times
I know New Horizons, onlc etc provide remote instructor-led classroom training. Global Knowledge provides classroom instructor-led Non-Remote trainng - so it is a bit expensive compared to remote training institutes. I am not talking about Adobe courses but in general. I liked the Global Knowledge trainings that I took, though they're not Adobe related.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:21 AM

794 posts, read 1,324,994 times
Thanks!

Anyone else have any other options?

Old 09-30-2011, 09:04 AM

612 posts, read 1,279,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_widget View Post
Thanks!

Anyone else have any other options?

I took an online class through Durham Tech (not InDesign though), and it was good --- you get out what you put in kind of thing.

Durham Technical Community College: Introduction to InDesign CS4 - Course Detail

Old 10-01-2011, 10:43 AM

95 posts, read 259,673 times
I've taken a few continuing education classes at NCSU (the McKimmon Center) and was pleased. Nice facility, good machines and tech in general, and most importantly the instructors were generally very good. I had a colleague take the inDesign class a couple of years ago and was pleased.

I've only taken one class at Wake Tech, so it's a little unfair to compare. But for what it's worth I didn't enjoy the Wake Tech class as much. Primarily the instructor wasn't as good as I'd had at NCSU and the facility, though adequate, wasn't as nice.

Hope this helps. I'll try and check back to see if you have any other questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary