Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 07:24 PM

3,292 posts, read 8,526,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdgard View Post
Ooh, please share the sharks tooth beach! My son would flip!
There is a small Island between Emerald Isle and Swansboro called Sharks tooth island. You could actually find some there if you looked hard enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 07:25 PM

285 posts, read 1,037,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by welovedurham View Post
We saw it last night. We've seen PPI at the Eno Festival and at Weaver Street Sundays, but this was something else completely. It was AMAZING. (Take something to sit on and something to drink, or even a picnic.)
Some friends went to see that this weekend- I'm waiting on their report...

Next weekend, hubby and I are taking our 22 month old daughter and joining four other families in Grayson Highlands State Park in the beautiful mountains of Virginia for her first camping trip. Hopefully, it will be a wee bit cooler up there than it is here!

Old 08-26-2007, 07:32 PM

420 posts, read 1,393,573 times
The sharks tooth beach is in Virginia, Flag Ponds Nature Park. We found dozens of sharks teeth on our last visit.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:05 PM

709 posts, read 929,318 times
Darn right, getting out of town its been too stinkin hot, Beach maybe mountains maybe but this little piece of oven land I gotta get away from here next weekend.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:25 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,066,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priorityonecb View Post
We are heading out of town. We'll be doing Busch Gardens on Saturday, DC and the National Zoo on Sunday, a beach in VA known for it's sharks teeth on Monday.
It's only known for it's shark's teeth on Monday? No shark's teeth on Tuesday?

LOL. Sorry I couldn't resist. I just got a chuckle out of that!

Have fun. Sounds like a great trip. I love Busch Gardens. Next best place to Disney, IMO.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:47 AM

560 posts, read 2,844,654 times
My wife's folks are in town, I was thinking of taking everyone out on Falls Lake. Only problem is I have a two year old, a five month old, and no boat!! Other than that I am all set!

I should wait until my little guy is ____ old before thinking about boating. <--- Please fill in the blank.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:53 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,591,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmeca11 View Post
My wife's folks are in town, I was thinking of taking everyone out on Falls Lake. Only problem is I have a two year old, a five month old, and no boat!! Other than that I am all set!

I should wait until my little guy is ____ old before thinking about boating. <--- Please fill in the blank.
Boating may a bit tough with.....NO BOAT! As far as age? I guess it would depend on what type of boat....

Old 08-27-2007, 09:08 AM

560 posts, read 2,844,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Boating may a bit tough with.....NO BOAT! As far as age? I guess it would depend on what type of boat....
I don't even know what end is the stern Looking for some suggestions as to when we might be ready and what kind of boat I should look into. We are in Youngsville about 20 mins. from the east end of Falls Lake and would love to become a boating family one day. I see there are some marinas along the lake that offer slips for under $2k a year, seems reasonable, but then again I don't know the first thing about boating!!

Old 08-31-2007, 08:07 PM

10 posts, read 40,957 times
I hope you enjoy your visit. The pricing I've seen is lower if you're in Raleigh just East of Cary. Or Apex and Holly-Springs. But depending on your work location you can also find great deals in Durham in RTP. Cary has alot of high-end new developments and fewer older, less expensive homes.

We live in Kildaire Farms. Has a swim club with very active swim teams. Racquetball, Gym, etc. Cary HS. Homes are about 1985-1995 built. Excellently maintained. Small homes are about $175K. You can get a 3500-4000 sq ft 4 story home on the lake for aout $440K. It has not sold as it has almost no parking. A tiny, poorly laid out driveway.

The tour of Cary can be made by driving the inner loop (Maynard) or the outer 3/4 of a loop (Cary Parkway). Might want to drop by the ice-skating rink on Jones-Franklin Road and let the kids blow off some steam. Or hike in Hemlock Bluffs park just off of Kildaire Farm abuot 1 mile S of Tryon (1.5 miles S of Cary Parkway).

have a good visit. The homes are not cheap in Cary but the city is very well run. The land/homes to the West towards Lake Jordan have generally been bid up as well.

Tim Jowers

Old 08-31-2007, 08:11 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,638,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post
Darn right, getting out of town its been too stinkin hot, Beach maybe mountains maybe but this little piece of oven land I gotta get away from here next weekend.
Weren't you complaining during the last heatwave that the beach was too hot so you came back home?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary