Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2011, 02:12 PM

1,477 posts, read 1,224,088 times

Advertisements

The speed bumps in Washington Square have been removed! Thank you Town of Cary! What a process but in the end the HOA didn't follow the guidelines
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 07:32 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,136,495 times
I'm pretty amazed at how many neighborhoods in Cary have speed bumps. Glad mine doesn't

Old 11-07-2011, 08:11 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,809,674 times
What!?! I didn't even notice! I was driving at night so I took the normal route to avoid the bumps. We'll see how things go. Any word on if this is permanent or if they'll put in some other sort of bumps?

Old 11-07-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
What!?! I didn't even notice! I was driving at night so I took the normal route to avoid the bumps. We'll see how things go. Any word on if this is permanent or if they'll put in some other sort of bumps?
There is a guideline they are supposed to follow to have speed bumps installed. One of the requirements is 70% approval from the residents and I have yet to meet ONE person that lives here that says they were for them. LOL (Maybe the HOA president but I haven't talked to him)
They have to do studies and such so if they do return it will take awhile.

BTW, there is a HOA Board meeting in Dec that we all should attend. I am interested in seeing how they plan on paying for these. They best not even begin to think we are going to pay for this mistake.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:09 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,655,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
There is a guideline they are supposed to follow to have speed bumps installed. One of the requirements is 70% approval from the residents and I have yet to meet ONE person that lives here that says they were for them. LOL (Maybe the HOA president but I haven't talked to him)

BTW, there is a HOA Board meeting in Dec that we all should attend. I am interested in seeing how they plan on paying for these. They best not even begin to think we are going to pay for this mistake.
Good for you. We just went through this in our subdivision. We finally got it thrown out. There are many issues with speed bumps that people don't realize. One is you have to let the Emergency personnel know what you are doing or they can refuse to come in your neighborhood, insurance liability issues with the HOA, and like you said, how many votes received has to at least
70%.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:58 AM

9,139 posts, read 14,711,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post

Unfortunately you will definitely have to pay one way of the other. I doubt you would be able to make the board members pay out of their pockets unless you could prove the knew the rules and chose to ignore them. Should make a pretty good platform to run against the current board and toss the out though.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Unfortunately you will definitely have to pay one way of the other. I doubt you would be able to make the board members pay out of their pockets unless you could prove the knew the rules and chose to ignore them. Should make a pretty good platform to run against the current board and toss the out though.
They "assumed" that since the road is privately owned that they didn't have to get approval from the TOC. I think the mgmt company needs to eat the cost, you know write it off as a loss or something. They gave our board absolutley no guidance whatsoever. This is the first board we have had here and they say nothing, they just go along with it? Seems as though we need a new mgmt company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary