Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 03:49 AM

359 posts, read 1,838,381 times

Advertisements

Claire, can you tell me what kind of internet access is available in Zebulon?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 04:35 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,307,447 times
When I was closer to downtown Zebulon, we had Road Runner. Where we are now, we have DSL. We'd much prefer Road Runner, but it isn't available here yet.

Availability of broadband was a big requirement for us in choosing a home site.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:56 PM

40 posts, read 156,894 times
Would you say that it is a good area to raise a family? How are the schools?

Old 08-30-2007, 07:06 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,307,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da3234 View Post
Would you say that it is a good area to raise a family? How are the schools?
Sorry, but I couldn't tell you about the schools, as I don't have any children.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:20 PM

81 posts, read 301,361 times
Whitley Galleries is an AMAZING furniture store! Huge--great name brands--quality furniture. I highly recommend it.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:35 PM

3 posts, read 10,699 times
Hi y'all.
I just found this forum tonight and this is my first post. I'm a Zebulon native of going on 50 years. I left a couple of times to attend college (yes, some of us do have educashun!) but always came back "home." We do have intelligent life form here, contrary to what some may believe by driving by. We're smart enough to have kept "quiet" all these years and maintained our small town atmosphere and lifestyle because we do not WANT to be a Cary or Brier Creek, but now that the new highways (Knightdale Bypass and 540 extension) have opened, we're seeing our little town vanish. Zebulon is the last undeveloped area of Wake County and developers are descending upon us like vultures. It's both good and bad. We both welcome it and detest it all at the same time. Shopping isn't great in town, but it's coming. And with all the rapid growth in K'dale, we're now able to run up there for shopping. K'dale shopping is a quick 10 minutes away. I live in a Zeb address but in the edge of Franklin County. I run over to Wake Forest (about 20-25 mins.) frequently to shop and dine also. I detest going into Raleigh and rarely shop in Raleigh. I can find what I want and need in K'dale, Wake Forest, Wilson (about same as cross town Raleigh drive) or Rocky Mount (just a tad farther than Wilson). And oh, there's Smithfield right down the road too. It's a pleasant drive to all those places w/out the congestion and insane drivers in and around Raleigh.

As for homes, beautiful ones abound and are popping up everywhere to meet any budget. Take a look... Olde Heritage Builders (http://www.oldeheritage.com/mainpage.htm - broken link)

We're proud of our town, but don't really care if you move here or not. If you do, you'll find we live up to our town slogan... "The Town of Friendly People." If you don't come, we won't miss you either! Cause somebody else will come in your place.

Want more info? Just call Tammy or Kathy at our Chamber: Zebulon Chamber
Our Expo is coming up on 9/27 at Five County Stadium (where our Mudcats play!)
Come on down...

Moderator cut: off topic
And oh, internet services... about what you want, but still growing out here. I have DSL here on my country road and Time Warner just ran cable. I have friends down the road who have that. There are options!

Last edited by autumngal; 04-25-2008 at 07:36 AM.. Reason: no promoting please

Old 09-13-2007, 08:01 PM

143 posts, read 708,683 times
I was doing some research on Zebulon because we saw a beautiful house there online. We are looking for a town that has a small town feel but not too far from the goings-on in Raleigh. We both come from small towns of a few thousand people. Do you think that Zebulon is the place for us? Also important is housing for under $250,000 with at least an acre or 2 and good schools (we don't have kids yet, but once we get a house, they are first on our list!)

Old 09-14-2007, 03:27 AM

15 posts, read 52,844 times
Zebulon - is one of the few small towns that is trying to boost its economy locally. The stores are coming and 264 takes 10 minutes to get to 540 and 440. Zebulon also sites in 3 counties Wake, Johnson, and Franklin. Zebulon also has a brand new elementary school. Cute Main St. as well. Also traffic is fairly calm.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:05 AM

2 posts, read 4,789 times
Default Stay away from us...

Zebulon is the last bastion of "rural" Wake County. For those who think a 20 minute ride from Raleigh is too far- stay away! As far as Zebulon being a two-bit hole-in-the-wall, let's hope the land robber-barons that have swallowed the rest of Wake County continue to believe that. It's hard to comprehend that a town of approx. 4500 that has a 650 home subdivision under construction currently will stay "rural" forever.

For those who ride through? If you are so blind as to ride through and not see the handwriting on the wall that includes $$ symbols, then maybe you should continue to ride through. Although, if you're that blind, keep in mind that the Town has just completed handicap access ramps at every sidewalk crossing in town- to make passing through easier for you.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:28 AM

161 posts, read 602,181 times
Of all the small towns in Wake County, I find Zebulon to be the second most beautiful, after Wake Forest. It has a charming downtown, with many lovely old homes nearby. The surrounding countryside is also very nice, but it inevitably will turn suburban. I do think that the old part of town will retain its small-town feel for a long time. I just hope the folks there appreciate it enough to preserve it; I think they do. I think the schools are pretty good, and it would be a good place to raise a family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary