U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-17-2011, 08:42 PM

1,158 posts, read 2,529,081 times
I've been extremely happy with the care I receive at Duke Pulmonary. I see the same doctor and his PA each time. They spend a long time with me treating me without the sound of the ticking clock I so often hear in private practices. When recently I had a problem on a weekend, my doctor called me directly in less than 30 minutes. Our experience with the Duke Eye Clinic in Cary was also very good, as were our experiences with a Duke neurologist and a Duke neuro-opthamologist.

I also like the fact that my chart is visible on-line to all of my doctors. Similarly, I like the easily accessible on-line information that I can get at home about my lab results, appointments, etc.

The one negative aspect of seeing a Duke physician at the Erwin Road Clinic is the hugeness of the place and parking. But for the good medical attention I receive and the friendliness of all those I come into contact with, I can put up with this.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 02:56 AM

776 posts, read 687,674 times
I had my prostate cancer treated at UNC-CH. It was a multidisciplinary approach, and I was very satisfied with the care and the outcome. No insurance problems, and I don't think my out-of-pocket was any higher than it would have been if I had sought treatment elsewhere. Yes, there is a steady stream of residents, but I didn't mind.

That said, medical care is like anything else: you, or a family member, must take an active role in managing your own situation. Don't outsource that responsibility to someone else! And to be successful in managing one's own care, one must learn a fair amount about one's own disease and the various treatments for it.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary