Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 01:19 PM

108 posts, read 347,134 times

Advertisements

We live in Holly Springs and use Right on Track sometimes. We've never had any problems there. We also really like Right Track Academy where the kids practice all week for a play on Friday nights. There's one in Cary (near High House) and also in North Raleigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 02:52 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,231,668 times
My son did NetSports and loved it. I've also heard good things about dreamsports.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:36 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,080,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoisbetter View Post
I've had it with the two track out camps my kids have been to. There seems to be little to no supervision and/or staff are texting while kids are getting hurt. We live in Holly Springs but would be willing to try options in Cary or Apex...anything along Hwy 1 into Raleigh. We only have them in 1 or 2 weeks each track out, so we need weekly options. Thanks!
Town of Cary seems to have a really efficient, well-run program. We have friends who send their kids there every track out. We have sent our kids there for theater camp and other programs and they're really good. Just grab one of their brochures--you can go online or call to find out where to get them--I don't really recommend the online source to review the brochures b/c I think the interface is awful.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:42 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,134,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annesg View Post
I don't really recommend the online source to review the brochures b/c I think the interface is awful.
It's just a PDF. If you set Adobe to show you every two pages together then it's no different than looking at a printed brochure

Old 12-09-2011, 06:55 PM

86 posts, read 206,789 times
Our neighbors have used Discovery Child Development Center in Morrisville. They have been very pleased.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:43 AM

1,377 posts, read 2,095,364 times
We live in Holly Springs and we have used Dream Sports a few times and my son loves it. This last track out we used the Hunt Center (I"m thinking you probably used this also as it's pretty inexpensive)...but my son loved it also and didn't get hurt at all. There were a lot of kids though..

Old 12-10-2011, 08:23 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,805,762 times
Sonshine Gymnastics if your kid is so inclined.
Town of Cary offers many different options as well. My daughter spends a few days every trackout at Hemlock Bluffs nature preserve on Kildaire Farm Road.
Pick up a brochure at the Middle Creek Community Center if you don't like the internet.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:05 PM

767 posts, read 1,844,772 times
Thanks everyone. The places we've had issues with are discussed here, but I don't want to name names. In one case, they had students moving tables (free labor?), one flipped and fell on my daughters foot and injured it pretty badly...the staff continued to text until someone alerted them. She was in a boot for a week, and we haven't been back since. The other case was a child using two hands to choke my daughter, then tore up the place...when staff was alerted they got upset at the kids because a parent overheard. The offending child was sent home that day but allowed back the next day. Crazy stuff can happen at these places. I am looking for a zero tolerance policy on these types of things. Dreamsports has that...the kids are trying it this week!

Old 01-04-2012, 08:02 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,983,257 times
Wondering how the OP went with trackout as I am now looking into it? Also curious about the comment that the Y is expensive as so far it is one of the least expensive I have found? Non-members pay $189 per week at the Y while everywhere else seems to be in the $190-210 week range.

I took a look at Sonshine Gymnastics and that does seem great and they have flexibility with daily rates and half days. But it only runs for one week of the trackout.

I looked at Dreamsports - it seemed a little disorganized and the staff was very young - I think it would be great for older kids but I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my 5-year-old ADHD kid there.

Last edited by SaucyAussie; 01-04-2012 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-01-2014, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,154 times
CraZBrain Science Track Out and Summer Camps is now open in RTP! CraZBrain has operated out of Cary Academy's Summer Quest for the past 4 years and is now open year round for fun, engaging track out camps. Visit the website for more information! * - Science Camps | Track Out Camp | Summer Camp | Raleigh, Cary, Morrisville, RTP | Wake County
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary