Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2011, 01:48 PM

441 posts, read 1,291,781 times

Advertisements

My daughter needs her finger prints done for a criminal background check for school next semester, does she need to go to the sheriffs office in downtown Raleigh or can she get them done elsewhere ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 03:00 PM

875 posts, read 1,162,427 times
She will have to get them done at the Sheriff's office unless the school has a liaison that can do it. I think you have to make an appointment and there is a fee.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:06 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,154,735 times
Yep, you need to go to the public safety office across from the courthouse to get it done. It's on the 2nd floor and if I remember correctly it's $20. Don't let anyone tell you you can go to any police station to have it done. A temp agency I briefly worked for told me that and I wasted a good portion of my day by going to the police station closest to the agency (not very close), being told I had to go downtown by the officer on duty, and by that point I was a good 45 minutes away from downtown.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:15 PM

464 posts, read 1,043,975 times
Wow, they charge for that here? I had to get a fingerprint card done while I was in TX for a security clearance and they let me go to central booking at the county jail (I got to leave after I was done thankfully ) which was absolutely free.

Was an interesting afternoon for sure but that may be an option as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary