Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:17 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,163,456 times

Advertisements

Went to Meadow last night. Bad weather earlier in the day kept the crowds down. You don't have to ride the train to see most of the display, but for $2 you might as well. I was told the Neuse lights charge $10 per person admission and weren't as good. can't vouch for it though. And while the Jesus stuff does seem a little over the top as you're driving in to Meadow, it's their choice, it's in someone's private front yard. My kids, 3 and 5, thought the manger and cross scenes were creepy. The carousel was small and kinda cheesy, and the candy store was a huge disappointment, but all in all, not bad and worth the drive from Raleigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 10:12 AM

1 posts, read 765 times
We went to Meadow Lights last night 12/2/2014 got there around 5:30 just at dusk dark, all lights were on. We haven't seen them before so driving 85 miles oneway was worth it to me. It was cold so we didn't ride the train. We rode around the parking lots and could see pretty much everything from our car. Very few people were there at time we arrived but by the time we were leaving it started to get a little busy. To me it depends what You are looking for and what You enjoy. It is definitely a large showing. The candy store is a little high priced but You can find all kinds of candy there. We were pleased with what we saw. We are senior citizens.I say one man's trash is another man's treasure so You need to decide for Yourself if it is worth it to You. GOD BLESS and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary