U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 11:23 AM

3,274 posts, read 2,633,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerican View Post
I am taking a stab in the dark by assuming that you are not from up north or a pre-dominantly cold climate State. Why you might ask? I have lived in NY since 1985 and moved here 3 years ago and I can tell you this without reservation, if I was never to see that white stuff again it would not be a moment too soon. I also broke my ankle in three different places in a blizzard there, so I am not too crazy about the stuff. The kids love it though .... Viva NC
I grew up with the snow and miss it very much. I love the way it makes everything look and the fun you can have in it. I did have some close calls back up North too. I can remembe the Blizzard of 78 very well and times when snow made it impossible to get over the river and out of Hartford. But typically up there, snow one day and it is cleaned up by the next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 08:28 AM

49 posts, read 59,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Sorry, someonelikeyou, I'm moving down a couple of sleds, an electric snow snow shovel, a few regular snow shovels, and a generator to ensure that we do not get any snow in the near future in Chapel Hill. ;-) But feel free to stop buy and borrow them if it does, since I'll be inside drinking hot cocoa. BTW, I was at our new CH house last Friday en route to Florida (where it is definitely not snowing). We met some of the neighbors, who were very nice. We'll be stopping back up there on Monday on our way home. I'll be sure to bring some Florida sun with us for all the warm-weather enthusiasts, like me. :-)
Hey Michgc, looking forward to seeing you in Chapel Hill!

Old 01-01-2012, 08:31 AM

49 posts, read 59,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerican View Post
I am taking a stab in the dark by assuming that you are not from up north or a pre-dominantly cold climate State. Why you might ask? I have lived in NY since 1985 and moved here 3 years ago and I can tell you this without reservation, if I was never to see that white stuff again it would not be a moment too soon. I also broke my ankle in three different places in a blizzard there, so I am not too crazy about the stuff. The kids love it though .... Viva NC
Ha! Ha! Acutally, I grew up in upstate NY - lots and lots of snow while growing up (they don't get as much anymore it seems). I have also spent time in Indiana, and was living in DC during the 2010 "snowpocalypse." What can I say, I love the stuff!

Old 01-01-2012, 10:21 AM

19,558 posts, read 30,982,095 times
I cannot believe I am saying this....

Some cooler weather will be welcome.
I put out over 300 spring flowering bulbs this fall, and I want them to chill a little.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:08 AM

10,378 posts, read 17,759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I cannot believe I am saying this....

Some cooler weather will be welcome.
I put out over 300 spring flowering bulbs this fall, and I want them to chill a little.
How about this...3 days of temps in the 60's with sunshine and then 4 days of temps in the 40's with sunshine?!! That way I can wear the new boots I bought yesterday!!!

And since rain is good, let it rain between the hours of 12 midnight and 5 AM!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary