U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 07:31 AM
P51 P51 started this thread

61 posts, read 233,727 times

Advertisements

We need a framed mirror to go over our master bath vanity. Approximate outside dimensions are 68" x 36". We've looked in many stores for a ready made mirror that will work and can't find it.

Now I'm looking for a glass or mirror shop that could make one for us. Has anyone else been down this road?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 09:03 AM
bta

282 posts, read 1,437,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P51 View Post
We need a framed mirror to go over our master bath vanity. Approximate outside dimensions are 68" x 36". We've looked in many stores for a ready made mirror that will work and can't find it.

Now I'm looking for a glass or mirror shop that could make one for us. Has anyone else been down this road?
Try House of Lights in Cary - House of Lights of Cary

I believe that's where our builder got our framed mirrors from. They have some in stock - but they also have a catalog where they can order framed mirrors in various sizes.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:25 AM

7,477 posts, read 14,763,092 times
There is a guy at the flea market fairgrounds who sells framed mirrors for dirt cheap and they are NICE. It's not where all the flea market booths are located, it's over by the restaurant tent area and he actually has a little shop over there. He has hundreds of styles and sizes.
We were looking for a large framed mirror as well for one of our living room walls and just happened to stumble upon this guy while taking some relatives to see the flea market.
He said he gets the mirrors from various furniture store showrooms but they are in great condition. We got a very large 36x24 inch heavy framed mirror from him for $35.00 (plus he's willing to negotiate to a certain degree). It looks like something you'd see in Pottery Barn or Pier One.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Status: "Is it just me or are the grocery prices rising?" (set 12 days ago)

1,265 posts, read 2,952,353 times
I would check TJ Maxx and Home Goods. They always have nice stuff for a good price.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:01 PM

3,093 posts, read 6,441,444 times
Mirror Mate Mirror Frame

Or DIY if you are handy enough. Liz

Old 11-22-2007, 09:25 PM

404 posts, read 2,016,510 times
have you used mirror mate

Old 11-23-2007, 11:24 AM

836 posts, read 2,313,466 times
I have had good luck finding an interesting, inexpensive mirror at World MArket.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:37 PM

4,597 posts, read 7,567,334 times
I saw an incredible collection of framed mirrors -- all sizes, shapes, types of frames -- at the two Home Goods stores I was in today. I saw mirrors at the one in Apex, at Beaver's Creek Crossing, off Hwy 55, but I think the Home Goods at South Point in Durham had an even better selection. I didn't pay too much attention to the prices, but the huge dressing mirrors had stickers on them for, like, $99. A lot of times, the quality of the mirror, and the frame, will dictate the price.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:28 PM

404 posts, read 2,016,510 times
i need one in pure black and none of the places mentioned had one.
Even pottery barn has discontiued most of their black rectangular ones.
The solano is a great looking one but neither crabtree or durham have it in black-everyone is moving towards expresso or black brown.
I then went to lowes and they had a nice one for 108 bucks,
I cant believe i didnt think of lowes home depot,
I appreciate what people like about worn antiques(alot of the ones at flea market,world,etc were either really dinged up to the point of being split or falling apart,and it just wouldnt go as well with my other black furniture and red walls.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:58 PM

460 posts, read 1,239,036 times
Did you try Bellacor? I've ordered from them before with absolutely no problems. They're also very good about returns: Bellacor mirrors will reflect light and add dimension to any room
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary