U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-04-2012, 12:43 PM
 
121 posts, read 200,349 times
Reputation: 91

Advertisements

I've noticed what looks like two new restaurants in town when driving around. One looks to be a renovation of a former restaurant in front of Trader Joe's on Kildaire - next to Boston Market.

The other looks like a brand new building in the parking lot in front of Harris Teater in the Wal-Mart shopping center Kildaire. This looks to be a new building along the lines of a fast food type restaurant.

Anyone know what is going in both locations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-04-2012, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Cary, NC
322 posts, read 494,518 times
Reputation: 196
The one in front of Trader Joe's will be a wing place. Forget which chain it is, but you can see the sign in the window from Kildaire Farm Road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2012, 12:51 PM
 
4,551 posts, read 5,243,205 times
Reputation: 2369
I'm looking forward to that wing place. There really aren't many bars in that area and now I'll have one I can walk to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2012, 03:06 PM
 
100 posts, read 174,030 times
Reputation: 62
I've been curious to know what's going in the building in front of Harris Teeter too. I tried googling it but didn't find anything. I ended up running into that Harris Teeter this morning and drove past the building, it looks like it might be a carwash. It has garage doors on either side of the building and one whole side covered in windows. Anybody know for sure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Status: "Cherry Pie!" (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: Cary, NC
20,226 posts, read 32,802,566 times
Reputation: 17351
Quote:
Originally Posted by adb71 View Post
I've been curious to know what's going in the building in front of Harris Teeter too. I tried googling it but didn't find anything. I ended up running into that Harris Teeter this morning and drove past the building, it looks like it might be a carwash. It has garage doors on either side of the building and one whole side covered in windows. Anybody know for sure?
That's it.

It is a Carwash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2012, 09:16 AM
 
6 posts, read 5,455 times
Reputation: 10
The restaurant that is going in front of Trader Joes is called Hurricane Grill and Wings. Not sure when it opens but saw the sign in the window.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2012, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Central North Carolina
1,336 posts, read 1,768,851 times
Reputation: 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougb225 View Post
The restaurant that is going in front of Trader Joes is called Hurricane Grill and Wings. Not sure when it opens but saw the sign in the window.
Menu | Hurricane Grill & Wings

Based on what I saw from the link, I'd give them 6 months, max. Just didn't look unique enough to me for people to try, be "wowed" and then remember to return when there are so many great options already out there. Based on the pictures, it looked like there are better chains and independents available.

Obviously, I have not eaten there, but the food looked very "manufactured", and did not seem all that unique to me.

~Just one person's opinion. Hope I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2012, 09:51 AM
 
Location: On the New River in Todd
639 posts, read 653,354 times
Reputation: 833
I think another new restaurant is going in off Cary Parkway where the Stonewood Grill used to be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2012, 08:30 PM
 
Location: Cary, NC
322 posts, read 494,518 times
Reputation: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucctgg View Post
I think another new restaurant is going in off Cary Parkway where the Stonewood Grill used to be
That will be Rockwell's American Grill, from Rocky Top Hospitality(Tribeca Tavern, Draft, Twisted Fork, the late Red Room).

I'm a huge Tribeca Tavern fan, so I'll be there as soon as they open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2012, 11:07 AM
 
4,551 posts, read 5,243,205 times
Reputation: 2369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmateo View Post
Menu | Hurricane Grill & Wings

Based on what I saw from the link, I'd give them 6 months, max. Just didn't look unique enough to me for people to try, be "wowed" and then remember to return when there are so many great options already out there. Based on the pictures, it looked like there are better chains and independents available.

Obviously, I have not eaten there, but the food looked very "manufactured", and did not seem all that unique to me.

~Just one person's opinion. Hope I'm wrong.
To be honest, as long as it has a decent bar I think it will do fine. The only other bar in that area really is Hibernian and their bar is overpriced imo. It will be good to have some competition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top