U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-12-2006, 09:19 AM

40 posts, read 97,958 times
Default Need some info now that I am here!

Hey everyone,

I need some help finding a hair salon to go to in the Wake Forest, Wakefield, Northern Raleigh area. I need to know that they won't turn my hair green when I color it. I have had the same hair dresser my whole life so its a bit scary! Also, since I did just buy a home, someplace that is not over the top pricey. Thanks much!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2006, 06:01 AM

Oh yes and if someone can recommend some doctors that would be great. So I will be living in Wake Forest so that area or Northern Raleigh, Wakefield would be great. I need a dermatologist, allergy doc, regular physician, and a gyno. Thanks for any help.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:17 AM

2,828 posts, read 8,009,313 times
whew, let me think:

Hair: I have heard good things about all about hair (off of 98, across from the target shopping center in a strip mall), I have two friends who get their hair colored regularly at david scott (across from triangle town center mall in the strip mall with the post office, they say it doesn't look that great on the outside, but they love it).

Doctor: All depends on what you want!!! I have a friend who is in practice in wake forest, off of 98, and it is a family practice, although I think the name is still wake forest adult medicine, her name is kimberly caulway (you could look her up)

Dermotologist: I have seen Audrey Echt, who is in north raleigh. I actually see Holly Martin in the practice, and really like the pratice, and her.

Thats all I can think of for now!!! good luck. let me know if you have more questions

Leigh

Old 09-13-2006, 12:55 PM

70 posts, read 127,192 times
Gyno (NOT OB): John Marks on Exposition. AWESOME office! You think you are in a spa!

Dr: Not happy so far with mine or my son's BUT a friend recommended Capital Pediatrics for anyone looking for pedi.

Hair: I have some friends who LOVE Blo which is in Brier Creek (NO
comments about the name!). The person who cuts for them is Sylvia. I've been to Tanas for waxing and when I do go get my hair cut (I'm letting it grow in first otherwise it'll stay short forever!) I'll probably try them for that. http://www.tanashairdesigns.com/

Old 09-14-2006, 05:31 PM

Thanks for both responses. I called Dr. Marks office and they seem very nice.

If anyone else can think of allergy and regular drs. I appreciate it. I am also planning on giving the hair salons a try. Thanks!!

Old 09-15-2006, 08:56 AM

70 posts, read 127,192 times
I have now found a family practice dr in that area based on a friend's recommendation. It is:
Rex Family Practice of Wakefield
(919) 562-5700

Old 09-15-2006, 03:40 PM

Hey thanks again, I am trying the hair place All about Hair there were tons of good things written online. It was a little cheaper than Tanas and Blo which both looked great online. I am going to Christine and partial foil, toner, and cut she quote me 65 not too shabby.

Thanks I will try Rex as well. So nice to have help when you are new. I am so glad I come to this forum!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary