Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 01:52 PM

143 posts, read 385,319 times

Advertisements

Ok, maybe I missed this in one of the earlier posts, but most nice apartment complexes ( not the ones who rent primarily to students ) require you to provide employment information before they rent to you to ensure you can pay. Has this changed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 01:58 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,041 times
There is too much stuff to comment on with all these replies, so I am just going to leave it there and say thank you to everyone for the wealth of knowledge that you have all provided me with.

And to whoever told me I wasn't thinking things out correctly, that's why I'm came here - to ask. No need to be a jerk about it.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:26 PM

804 posts, read 2,003,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
And to whoever told me I wasn't thinking things out correctly, that's why I'm came here - to ask. No need to be a jerk about it.
really not trying to be a jerk about anything. we were trying to the best of our ability to answer questions that were posed. it is obvious that you are doing what you can to gather information & hopefully we provided what was needed for you to springboard into further research. i think some of us are simply leery because there are many who don't make an effort to inform themselves yet complain when they get here that it's not what they expected or had been led to believe from so & so who told so & so.

thanks for being respectful & for thinking it through before you jump in with both feet. if you have more questions or want clarification let us know.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopDeLoop View Post
really not trying to be a jerk about anything. we were trying to the best of our ability to answer questions that were posed. it is obvious that you are doing what you can to gather information & hopefully we provided what was needed for you to springboard into further research. i think some of us are simply leery because there are many who don't make an effort to inform themselves yet complain when they get here that it's not what they expected or had been led to believe from so & so who told so & so.

thanks for being respectful & for thinking it through before you jump in with both feet. if you have more questions or want clarification let us know.
I understand where you are coming from. I just don't appreciate being told that I am not thinking things out when clearly that's why I took the time to create this thread, read previous posts, and read posts that are on this thread.

I'll be in touch if I have anymore questions. Thanks.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:27 AM

14 posts, read 43,248 times
Check your PMs

Old 01-29-2012, 12:18 PM

31 posts, read 65,260 times
Hi I'm new here also, saw this thread & didn't want to start a new one. I have a job, and need apartment like ASAP. I am working near the area where NC Hwy 54 meets slater/page - S Miami Blvd.

I've been out of work for awhile and while technically I could probably afford 1100-1200 a month I prefer the lowest rent that is in a safe area so I can save & pay things off. I can be happy in a studio or efficiency if necessary.

I was looking at Emerald Forest Apartments (off nc hwy 54/nc hwy 55 intersection not too far from the food lion) but saw on the police crime map/gps site that there are a LOT of break ins there. Anyone familiar with area or these apartments?

I will be bicycling and taking the bus until I get a used vehicle, so Emerald Forest being right next to the 800 bus line is very attractive but not if it isn't safe. let me know if this isn't enough information. Thanks

Old 01-29-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnooone View Post
Hi I'm new here also, saw this thread & didn't want to start a new one. I have a job, and need apartment like ASAP. I am working near the area where NC Hwy 54 meets slater/page - S Miami Blvd.

I've been out of work for awhile and while technically I could probably afford 1100-1200 a month I prefer the lowest rent that is in a safe area so I can save & pay things off. I can be happy in a studio or efficiency if necessary.

I was looking at Emerald Forest Apartments (off nc hwy 54/nc hwy 55 intersection not too far from the food lion) but saw on the police crime map/gps site that there are a LOT of break ins there. Anyone familiar with area or these apartments?

I will be bicycling and taking the bus until I get a used vehicle, so Emerald Forest being right next to the 800 bus line is very attractive but not if it isn't safe. let me know if this isn't enough information. Thanks
I suggest starting your own thread. You may be able to get more information as people will see your post first instead of this long thread.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:16 PM

31 posts, read 65,260 times
Hi ja1myn

On most forums, they actually prefer you to do a search for your topic, and go to an established thread rather than clutter up the forum with multiple threads with the same question. You do make a good point however. Thanks! i think I'll leave it for a bit tho, and if the majority prefers a separate thread i'll start one.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnooone View Post
Hi ja1myn

On most forums, they actually prefer you to do a search for your topic, and go to an established thread rather than clutter up the forum with multiple threads with the same question. You do make a good point however. Thanks! i think I'll leave it for a bit tho, and if the majority prefers a separate thread i'll start one.
I know, but each person has different questions and situations so I feel like it's best to start your own thread.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:11 PM

924 posts, read 2,102,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
There is too much stuff to comment on with all these replies, so I am just going to leave it there and say thank you to everyone for the wealth of knowledge that you have all provided me with.

Hey, Ja1myn, what's the status of your plans to move to Raleigh later in the year? Based on the back-and-forth you had in this thread a couple of weeks ago, I'm just curious about how that situation has turned out or is turning out. I hope it's going well, regardless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary