U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 12:21 AM

2 posts, read 2,763 times

Advertisements

we are moving to Raleigh area I am of advanced maternal age (over 40) so I I am looking for a High Risk Compassionate doctor who gets this.
I have a son, and had Gestational Diabetes with him.

Also, wondering what is Best RE clinic in the area, in general it will be used for monitoring as hubby and I have frosties in another area! THANK YOU!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 04:47 AM

267 posts, read 551,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by me1600 View Post
we are moving to Raleigh area I am of advanced maternal age (over 40) so I I am looking for a High Risk Compassionate doctor who gets this.
I have a son, and had Gestational Diabetes with him.

Also, wondering what is Best RE clinic in the area, in general it will be used for monitoring as hubby and I have frosties in another area! THANK YOU!!!!!
A lot of 'low risk' OB practices in this area handle advanced maternal age and GDM easily. Start looking at where you'd like to deliver. True high risk OBs here deliver at Big Duke or UNC. I can tell you that Duke Perinatal Consultants see patients for AMA and GDM by referral and work with the referring practice so that you get to deliver at say, Rex or WakeMed, but have also seen OB and MFM (maternal fetal medicine=high risk OB). That way MFM can make recommendations, do any testing requested inclulding level 2 ultrasounds, follow your GDM, etc. yet your OB does your regular care and delivery. Hope this helps.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:39 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,611,565 times
I had great experiences with Triangle OB/GYN (Dr. V was my doc), I was also in advanced maternal age with my second, and this practice was very good. They are associated with the NC Center for Reproductive Medicine, so they are familiar with all different types of high risk situation. They deliver at Wake Med (I used wake med cary) and rex. They are located in cary, but they have offices in north raleigh as well.

Home

Leigh

Old 01-25-2012, 03:08 PM

306 posts, read 624,870 times
As for REs, you probably can't go wrong with Carolina Conceptions, NCCRM, Duke Fertility, or UNC, especially if you're just doing FET. NCCRM has a rep for being somewhat more aggressive in treatment protocols and Carolina Conceptions has a rep for better bedside manner than NCCRM. Duke and UNC have fine reputations as well. Maybe call among the 4 for the best price estimate, versus convenience to where you live for monitoring?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or