Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2007, 07:00 AM

161 posts, read 761,957 times

Advertisements

We will be relocating to the Raleigh/Durham area in the very near future. We are looking to work with a realtor who knows the triangle and surrounding areas VERY well and can assist us in locating an area/home based on our needs.

While we are still considering renting first to really get to know the area, we are open to potentially buying if we find the right fit. Plus it will eliminate the aggrivation of moving twice.

Any recommendations based on experience are appreciated.

P.S. I did see some posts that advised on using the search engine. I've tried that and located useful threads but none that pointed me in the direction of recommended realtors. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

Old 09-04-2007, 07:26 AM

307 posts, read 1,589,551 times
Default Triangle is big

The Triangle is big. You will find you need to get a realtor for a specific town. Try to narrow down city/towns you are interested in first then get a realtor for that area. Even if it is 2 areas and 2 realtors. Start with one and they may be able to recommend the next realtor. Moderator cut: Use DM for recommindations

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-04-2007 at 07:50 AM..

Old 09-04-2007, 07:39 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,034,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirlonthemove View Post
We will be relocating to the Raleigh/Durham area in the very near future. We are looking to work with a realtor who knows the triangle and surrounding areas VERY well and can assist us in locating an area/home based on our needs.

While we are still considering renting first to really get to know the area, we are open to potentially buying if we find the right fit. Plus it will eliminate the aggrivation of moving twice.

Any recommendations based on experience are appreciated.

P.S. I did see some posts that advised on using the search engine. I've tried that and located useful threads but none that pointed me in the direction of recommended realtors. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!
I would also agree with the previous poster's address. Some realtors really are familiar with many many different towns in the triangle, but many have specific areas they are more familiar with. Me, for example, I lived in apex/cary, but now live in wake forest. I can definitely give someone the low down on wake forest, and parts of north raleigh, but I would have to do some research on fuquay varina. The triangle is a large area, encompassing many many towns, and it does help when you have someone familiar with the area you are going to look in. Those are my thoughts, I am sure there are other realtors out there who will travel all over the triangle to help people buy homes. I will do that, but I certainly know the ins and outs of my local area more than I know the ins and out of durham, or clayton.

Leigh

Old 09-04-2007, 08:33 AM

33 posts, read 118,933 times
Default Realtor reccommendation

We had a realtor who we felt was fantastic. She was always available for us. If we saw a house on-line, she was there that day to take tons of photos for us and send them to us. When we were interested in a house that had some yard issues. She made a lot of phone calls to tried and resolved the issues for us. We really needed that type of service since we were moving from out of town. If you would like her name, please pm me.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:41 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1987 View Post
We had a realtor who we felt was fantastic. She was always available for us. If we saw a house on-line, she was there that day to take tons of photos for us and send them to us. When we were interested in a house that had some yard issues. She made a lot of phone calls to tried and resolved the issues for us. We really needed that type of service since we were moving from out of town. If you would like her name, please pm me.
You must be talking about our realtor!!!!!
Or, there are TWO great realtors out there!

Ours handled so much for us. I know what you mean about needing that kind of help when one is moving from out of town. She went above and beyond. It took us a long time to find something (I think we were being very choosy!) but she was patient, never gave up on us, and was always available each time we came to town. Even after we closed, she was here to keep an eye on the house, make sure the lawn was mowed, etc. until we could get here.
I recommend her highly, and will provide contact info via pm to anyone who would like to have it. She knows the area, is experienced, and very dependable.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:00 AM

4 posts, read 19,496 times
Default Finding a realtor

I'm a mortgage broker and generally will give my borrowers 2 or even 3 different realtors that I use. They all are great realtors to work with. But like the friends you make. Not everybody is the right fit with you. If you would like give me a call and I'll shoot you that info. Plus it would help if you let me know what location you are interested in.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:45 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
There are some good ones here on the board that you might want to contact.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:53 PM

560 posts, read 2,849,541 times
If you are looking into northern wake and franklin counties I have a great Realtor to send you to, just send me a DM.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:01 PM

1,040 posts, read 3,602,514 times
Lightbulb Pick Me! Pick Me!

I have a great Realtor to recommend also if you are looking in the Durham/Chapel Hill area

Moderator cut: Message to thread viewers:

Please use the direct message feature for recommindations
Thank you
City Data

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-04-2007 at 05:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary