Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 05:48 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,811 times

Advertisements

I heard that the flea market had several food trucks out in force today. Does anyone know if food trucks show up at the flea market on a regular basis and if so which ones? I could not find any food truck info on the Flea market website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 07:54 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,917,461 times
Really? I was there this morning and didn't see a whole lot different than what's usually there. There's the pizza truck, maybe another BBQ one, but that's about it.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:16 PM

226 posts, read 506,771 times
You can subscribe to the individual food trucks on Facebook or Twitter. Most of them broadcast their location for the day. There are truck rodeos, but the only ones I'm familiar with have been in Durham. I think they might have had a couple in Raleigh, but Durham seems more popular. I'm not aware of anything unusual at the Flea Market.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:04 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,148,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsbadmojo View Post
Really? I was there this morning and didn't see a whole lot different than what's usually there. There's the pizza truck, maybe another BBQ one, but that's about it.
There is also a Byriani rice truck. Yum! (Pizza is decent too.)

Old 01-08-2012, 10:05 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,339,877 times
There's also a facebook fan page called Triangle Food Trucks that gathers all the info and events on the local food trucks together.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:01 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,335,548 times
I was at the flea market yesterday and I did notice more food vendors, and come to think of it, I believe they were in trucks. But I did not notice a burger truck (which doesn't mean there was not one there).

Old 01-08-2012, 05:14 PM

Thanks all for the responses. I'm hoping that The Triangle finds a place where the Food Trucks meet consistently (every Sat at the Flea Market for instance). I'm not a fan of following each of them on Twitter or chasing them separately all over town. I find it slightly annoying .... like a teenage girl following her friends or boy friend. I know, I'm weird.

The Rodeos are great but they are so few and far between that the pent up desire seems to create crazy lines and waits that are longer than the actual Rodeos.

And I fully admit I'm spoiled.. I'm use to cities that have a designated place and time for food carts/ trucks and it's consistent. I guess I'm a lazy food truck follower. I might try the Flea Market number this week and see what they say. I'll post if if I find out any useful information.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:45 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
Thanks all for the responses. I'm hoping that The Triangle finds a place where the Food Trucks meet consistently (every Sat at the Flea Market for instance).
I follow all of the Triangle food trucks and have come to the conclusion that they all favor certain locations that work best for them / they have relationships with the owners. Sure they gather for rodeos now and then, but they all seem pretty independet.

FWIW, I would never go to a rodeo. Been there done that. No need to wait 1 hour for food you can get from the same truck on ay other day in 5 minutes. Your best bet for trucks is the Fullsteam / Motorco Block in Durham. The Kokyu BBQ Truck is almost always in front of Motroco and often joined by the pie pushers pizza truck, the parlour ice cream truck and bike coffee. Right across at fullsteam they pretty much have at least one or two other food trucks every day (They post the truck schedule on their calendar here: Events | Fullsteam)

Old 01-08-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I follow all of the Triangle food trucks and have come to the conclusion that they all favor certain locations that work best for them / they have relationships with the owners. Sure they gather for rodeos now and then, but they all seem pretty independet.

FWIW, I would never go to a rodeo. Been there done that. No need to wait 1 hour for food you can get from the same truck on ay other day in 5 minutes. Your best bet for trucks is the Fullsteam / Motorco Block in Durham. The Kokyu BBQ Truck is almost always in front of Motroco and often joined by the pie pushers pizza truck, the parlour ice cream truck and bike coffee. Right across at fullsteam they pretty much have at least one or two other food trucks every day (They post the truck schedule on their calendar here: Events | Fullsteam)
NRG, thanks for the tips!!! It's good to get advice from a seasoned food truck follower. Would that make you a Food Truckie....like a Foodie???

I've been wanting to try Kokyu and Chirba Chirba.

Keep on Food Truckin'. (Okay, enough with the silly 70s quips. )

Old 01-09-2012, 02:36 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
And I fully admit I'm spoiled.. I'm use to cities that have a designated place and time for food carts/ trucks and it's consistent. I guess I'm a lazy food truck follower. I might try the Flea Market number this week and see what they say. I'll post if if I find out any useful information.
I miss this too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary