U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-24-2012, 10:15 PM

4,571 posts, read 7,452,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
PPL crack me up...

google tracks you
facebook tracks you
your cable company tracks you
phone company
your car tracks you
banks track you by electronic purchases

it ain't just the government

plus, think about all the crimes that get solved because criminals/victims took the turnpike...
I can do without google,facebook,cable,phone & my bank if I don't like how they use the information. It will be hard to not use the roads if I don't agree with that use..Also if we ever lose a war and end up under another government,
people will understand why this stuff is so troublesome. If it can happen in other countries why do we think it can never happen to us??
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 07:54 AM

919 posts, read 1,180,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
just remember people ..history can repeat itself..

We're bordering on Godwin's Law, here. Can we get the conversation back on subject...

Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-25-2012, 08:38 AM

140 posts, read 92,720 times
Well ... I'm kind of going back on topic. Does that count?

That bill for a 2-mile toll road is making me very wary of going on ANY NC toll road now. $6.00 processing fee? $32 late fee? And Petunia16 paid everything on time?

Others who are better well-heeled may disagree, but $7.14 for a toll road is bad enough (admittedly, for two cars, but ...), never mind $39.14! For that amount, I could drive through a good chunk of NJ or PA ... and back!

Good luck with the NC bureaucracy, Petunia16. I had to deal with them because of a clerk's "oops" a few years back. Good news is that you CAN get the issue resolved. Bad news is that it might take a little while.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:08 AM

2,355 posts, read 2,644,375 times
I'd recommend sending a check for $0.00 to ensure they don't flag your record for non payment.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:20 AM

919 posts, read 1,180,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazania View Post
Well ... I'm kind of going back on topic. Does that count?

That bill for a 2-mile toll road is making me very wary of going on ANY NC toll road now. $6.00 processing fee? $32 late fee? And Petunia16 paid everything on time?

Others who are better well-heeled may disagree, but $7.14 for a toll road is bad enough (admittedly, for two cars, but ...), never mind $39.14! For that amount, I could drive through a good chunk of NJ or PA ... and back!

Good luck with the NC bureaucracy, Petunia16. I had to deal with them because of a clerk's "oops" a few years back. Good news is that you CAN get the issue resolved. Bad news is that it might take a little while.
I am curious as well about the $6.00 processing fee. Is this getting charged to all non-quick pass users?

Old 05-25-2012, 11:54 AM

238 posts, read 593,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peperoberto View Post
I am curious as well about the $6.00 processing fee. Is this getting charged to all non-quick pass users?
We do not have the quick pass, so maybe that's why we got the $6.00 charge? I wonder if this is an annual charge or a "when they feel like it" charge?

The other thing to mention, I've been using my bank's automagic bill pay service and although I've been scheduling that payment to be in their hands on a certain day, they aren't cashing it for 2+ weeks. So, this all could totally be late fee related. My HOA has been giving me late fees because my bill pay payment may be "in their hands" at the end of the month but it's the day they "process and cash it" that counts. And I'm "throwing them off" since it's coming in a bank envelope and not in their little special envelopes with their special payment coupon. Maybe it's the same thing here? Maybe since I didn't send in the bottom of the invoice inside their special envelope, it threw their whole system for a loop.

I also got two other bills that were for $0.00 and at the top of that bill it said:

"Thank you for traveling the Triangle Expressway! Sign up for a NC Quick Pass and save 35% on future tolls. If you received a $0.00 transaction for NC540, tolling begins August 2012."

Ummm... what?

So yes, I may gather all my bills, pictures of cleared checks and drag it all down to their office in Morrisville. I guess I could call, but... somehow, I don't trust it.

Thanks for giving me the heads up that this was in the N&O. That's pretty amazing.

So, heads up everyone, if your (57 cent!!) toll isn't paid in full by the end of the month... $32.00 late fee!!!

I thought that not having toll booths was going to be handy and the "new wave of the future"... I guess this future isn't what it's cracked up to be

My husband said that we must watch "Brazil" again so we can laugh at this.

Last edited by Petunia16; 05-25-2012 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-26-2012, 01:30 PM
WDJ

285 posts, read 411,351 times
I gone through the tolls several times and haven't been hit w/any $6 processing fees. I've paid my bills via their website the two times that bills came in. It's probably the lack of an invoice slip that's causing you problems, as they'd have to figure out what account you're trying to pay off.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:40 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,083,071 times
I'm actually surprised that, along with the advertising about the toll road fees that just started for the new segment, and more that will start this summer ....
there hasn't been any reminders by the "powers that be" about the state law against obscuring your license plate to keep the cameras from being able to read your numbers.

N.C. drivers face fines for obscuring license plates :: WRAL.com
Posted: November 30, 2010 (says that the NC law calls for up to a $100 penalty)

Old 05-29-2012, 02:02 PM

238 posts, read 593,745 times
For anyone needing this info:

I called the Quick Pass office and they told me the following:

Somehow, as of today, we are up to date on my car, but not my husband's car. I sent the checks the same day using the same service so how only half of them posted, I'll never know.

One late bill = $6.00 fine
Two late bills = $25.00 fine (And they call this fine a "Civil Penalty")

Because there is "so much paperwork" and they'll want to "photocopy my canceled checks", I'm going to have to drive down there. 20 minutes one way So, two 57 cent bills turned into all this.

Lesson here: Do NOT use bill pay to pay the tolls. Go online or set up that Quick Pass thing. I wish I would have done that!!

Old 05-29-2012, 02:05 PM

4,551 posts, read 4,956,447 times
Yikes what a mess. You should do a mileage log and charge them the federal mileage rate for making you have to drive down there and back. If they don't pay the bill send them to collections

Seriously though, maybe suggest you can email them scans of the checks? It seems absolutely ridiculous they would put you out like that for their mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary