Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2012, 07:34 PM

924 posts, read 2,098,768 times

Advertisements

I've noticed before that there are often a lot of Amberly residents who post on this forum, so I thought this might be worth a shot in the dark. Earlier today (Monday, February 13) I was doing some work in the Amberly development out in Cary, and I believe I absentmindedly set my coat down somewhere. When I realized later that I didn't have the coat, I went back and looked around for it a little, but couldn't find it. I don't know what happened. It's a brown/tan medium-weight hooded winter coat from Cabela's, and the coat itself isn't all that special, but I had a red Panasonic digital camera in a black pouch in the inner pocket of the coat. I really care more about getting the camera back than the coat. Actually, what I would really like is the memory card from the camera, which contains lots of photos that I don't have elsewhere. Even if the coat and the camera were damaged or run-over by a car or something, if I could at least fish the memory card out, I'd be happy. So, if anybody out that way saw something like that or happens to come across it, please let me know. I'd be much obliged. I was mainly working around the Peninsula, Lexington Park, and Blackstone sections of Amberly, so I would think that I most likely left my coat somewhere around there, but I'm not sure. I realize this is a longshot, but there's nothing to lose. Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 09:18 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,241,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompope View Post
I've noticed before that there are often a lot of Amberly residents who post on this forum, so I thought this might be worth a shot in the dark. !
I think you should contact the manager for Amberly and ask to have an e-mail sent out or a note posted on the Amberly website. Good luck!

Old 02-13-2012, 10:31 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,667,352 times
I hope you get your memory card back, tom.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:28 AM

22,654 posts, read 36,657,128 times
Or check with the resident's club there...if someone picked it up maybe they would have brought it there. Good luck, that stinks.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:46 AM

924 posts, read 2,098,768 times
Thanks, gang. I did try emailing and calling over to Amberly, but I really need to stop by there in-person some time when there's someone working in the Residents Club. Unfortunately, I don't live very close to Amberly, and I've been busy with work, so I haven't been able to get back out there except late at night. But I think I'll be able to get there during business hours in the next few days. When I called there, the woman I talked to was pleasant but not very helpful. The conversation included the following priceless exchange:

HER: "Well, maybe you could try going back to where you think you might have left it, and look around there."
ME: "Brilliant! Gosh, why didn't I think of that?!?"

So, anyhow, so far no dice. I guess I'll keep on the pursuit a few days more before giving up, so if anyone sees anything, please let me know. Thank you again for your help. And thanks for the sympathy, although I really don't deserve much. It's my own fault for being careless. I just wouldn't have thought that a jacket was something that I would put down and be unable to find again. But it goes to show you. Obviously, I'll be more careful in the future. And I'll also make a point of downloading the photos from my memory cards more frequently, so that they don't exist solely inside of a digital camera which can easily get lost, broken, or stolen. I should have been doing that already. Oh, well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary