Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 07:13 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,612,273 times

Advertisements

I can't speak to schools since I don't have any children, but you may want to look Oxxford Hunt where I live. There are some very nice houses in your price range, and it's a kid friendly neighborhood with a pool, swim team, walking trails and adjacent to a large park (Bond Park).

Good luck with your search!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 09:10 AM

200 posts, read 358,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzeeq72 View Post
Good point....My husband's company is located on the South end of Cary. Specifically, from looking at the map....the building looks to be south of I-440 ("Route 1/CLaude E. Pope Memorial Highway")....near the intersection of Tryon Road.

Wow...I am thanking God that I found this forum. I'm so very grateful for all of you being so willing to help. I promise to pay it forward as and after I go through this process!!
You did not mention housing specifics such as the age of the home or size of lot but you should look into the areas that feed into Reedy Creek Middle School. That school feeds into Athens Drive and Cary High School among others. It truly is a "neighborhood" school and the elementary school shares the same campus next door.

We live in Medfield Estates on the border of Cary and Raleigh. I used to work in the location where your husband's company is moving and the average commute is 10-15 minutes during commuter traffic times. The lots average about an acre or so with homes built in the 70s and 80s. Lots of 4 bedrooms that average about 2000 square feet or more. The community has a pool and tennis courts. The neighborhood is diverse from young families to grandparents.

We love living here due to the awesome location! The hospital is less than 10 minutes up the road, lots of shopping choices and the RBC Center hosts many venues from the Carolina Hurricanes hockey games to concerts, etc. Although all of this is nearby, the area is quiet and private.

The only challenge might be finding a home for sale in this subdivision as the homes sell quickly upon listing. There are several other similar neighborhoods that are close by...look at neighborhoods in the 27513 or 27607 zip codes that feed into Reedy Creek Middle School.

Good luck with your search!

Old 02-19-2012, 03:30 PM

1,309 posts, read 2,936,761 times
Quote:
....I should mention the price range for housing that we are looking at....
We currently live in 4 bedroom house, first floor office, finished basement, 4 car garage, which I'm guessing is a little over 2,000 square feet. This is perfect for us, and is something I'd be looking for in NC. We are looking to stay around $250,000.
Seriously? Good luck trying to find that! No 4 car garages and a 3 car garage will cost you plenty.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:40 PM

43,249 posts, read 77,010,637 times
Quote:
...we have a two car garage, not 4!! Blame my typo on me being very overwhelmed by the prospect of moving cross country. Sorry!!

I have noticed that basements are not as common. But the trade off is that it looks like we can get more house for the money in general, so perhaps less need for a basement.

I will do my homework on the forum regarding the Wake County school crowding issue.

Any input on surrounding cities to avoid?

Thanks, so far, for all the wonderful input! Looking forward to all the expert advice I can get.
Just for the record....

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ohzrd View Post
Seriously? Good luck trying to find that! No 4 car garages and a 3 car garage will cost you plenty.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:42 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,190,459 times
suzeeq - there's an edit button you might use on the original post in the topic.

sounds like you're husband's job is in Regency. You can get neighborhoods with Raleigh, Cary, and Apex addresses that are a reasonable distance to that location.

I suggest ncreportcards.org for your school research. WCPSS.net, the official school system site has some very in-depth demographic and school data, which would help - but be no guarantee - on school size and ability to gain entry into any particular school.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:35 PM

81 posts, read 141,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
suzeeq - there's an edit button you might use on the original post in the topic.

sounds like you're husband's job is in Regency. You can get neighborhoods with Raleigh, Cary, and Apex addresses that are a reasonable distance to that location.

I suggest ncreportcards.org for your school research. WCPSS.net, the official school system site has some very in-depth demographic and school data, which would help - but be no guarantee - on school size and ability to gain entry into any particular school.
Thanks...I actually looked but couldn't figure out how to edit my original post . I will check out ncreportcards.org. After some more research, I'm wishing there was a realty site where I could search by subdivision. We actually have one here in our area in IL. Anyone know of one for this area?

Thanks, everyone!

Old 02-22-2012, 02:41 PM

43,249 posts, read 77,010,637 times
Quote:
Thanks...I actually looked but couldn't figure out how to edit my original post . I will check out ncreportcards.org. After some more research, I'm wishing there was a realty site where I could search by subdivision. We actually have one here in our area in IL. Anyone know of one for this area?

Thanks, everyone!
Search sites with subdivision search fields are a dime a dozen.
Every agent has one, or should have one.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:56 AM

200 posts, read 358,505 times
Default Subdivision sites

Quote:

Thanks, everyone!
I just direct messaged you some information...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary