Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 03:21 PM

240 posts, read 559,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarySue View Post
Crabtree Valley mall is my least favorite area to drive in. It is just so crazy! It gives me road rage also, but I am always patient and kind and trying to think of ways to avoid that darn mall and that chunk of Glenwood in front of it.
I totally agree. That whole part of Raleigh is becoming and has become very infamous for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 01:55 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,952,476 times
I rarely go over there since Triangle Town Center opened. The whole area is in serious need of a traffic pattern overhaul.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:33 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,163,456 times
Maybe they can just keep widening Glenwood until it's 40 lanes wide through there?

I still have no idea why Best Buy felt the need o move to that location. The store is almost always deserted. And they have little to no parking. I prefer to drive to Brier Creek or Capital if I need to shop there. The Crabtree store might as well not even exist to me.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:10 PM

56 posts, read 95,854 times
I think all these post are funny. I don't see any "road rage" and I live near Crabtree. Seems like half you people are afraid of traffic and you live in the suburbs. The other half complain about Raleigh improving their public transportation. If you live in a more walkable area you wouldn't have these problems. Once our public transportation improves then ride that so you don't have to deal with traffic or road rage.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:23 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
Maybe they can just keep widening Glenwood until it's 40 lanes wide through there?

I still have no idea why Best Buy felt the need o move to that location. The store is almost always deserted. And they have little to no parking. I prefer to drive to Brier Creek or Capital if I need to shop there. The Crabtree store might as well not even exist to me.
Yeah I think moving there was a big mistake. At least when they were in Pleasant Valley it was very easy to find parking.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:02 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,697,007 times
The whole area is a mess of roadways, poor traffic engineering, and too much traffic. 90% of the traffic is simply passing through, but there are five lights on Glenwood in the distance of a mile and they are terribly timed.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:48 AM

240 posts, read 559,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
The whole area is a mess of roadways, poor traffic engineering, and too much traffic. 90% of the traffic is simply passing through, but there are five lights on Glenwood in the distance of a mile and they are terribly timed.
Exactly! Not only that, but these roads were done/engineered at a time in which the area was not as booming as it is now. Unfortunately, now, the area is just growing too darn fast for them to keep up with it.

I always get irritated with the traffic on Glenwood avenue. Another business (next to Crabtree) I dislike on that road just a few miles down the road is the Rialto (more like Diablo) theater. Nothing would thrill me more than to see the airheads who run that place get thrown out. That part of Raleigh in general is the LAST place I would go to.

Old 08-26-2012, 01:00 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhornc View Post
Another business (next to Crabtree) I dislike on that road just a few miles down the road is the Rialto (more like Diablo) theater. Nothing would thrill me more than to see the airheads who run that place get thrown out. That part of Raleigh in general is the LAST place I would go to.
Sounds like someone has a personal vendetta.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:16 AM

814 posts, read 2,006,289 times
What does the Rialto have to do with traffic at Crabtree? I love that theater, great popcorn, good movies, they serve beer and they host Cinema Inc once a month. What's not to like? Okay, the seats are too comfy, but other than that....

Old 08-27-2012, 09:20 AM

189 posts, read 361,585 times
You can thank the past NC governors for the last 20 or so years for the transportation problems in this state. They have been taking the highway funds and moving them to the general funds and then spending it on education...it's working like a charm, all the way around......yea...right...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary