Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 06:47 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguy View Post
I will check out in the next trip. I have to say on the drive up through Falls of Neuse just north of 440 it looked like strip mall heaven and very much like suburbia in Michigan, was hoping to avoid that. Creedmore was a lot more "green" on the way back down south and not congested with a store every 7 feet. There is just so much ground to cover and 1 area 3 miles away from another has a different feel.
I would have to agree with you, nothing like the drive on creedmore! That is the way I go home to wake forest, creedmore to 98 to purnell. Anyhow, it is a different feel. Six forks seems like they have more established neighborhoods that are older, not so cookie cutter. Definitely try it out next time you are here.

Good luck! Let me know if you have more questions.

Leigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2006, 09:22 AM

87 posts, read 454,765 times
What areas are within walking distance to shopping and cafes etc.
Thanks.

Old 11-18-2006, 09:20 AM

1 posts, read 992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
Hi!

To be honest with you, a lot of where you live may depend on where you are going to work, or how much of a commute you would want. There are many different areas in the triangle, and let's say you lived in garner, would you want to commute to north raleigh for work? Maybe not. If commuting is not a concern (my sister and brother in law moved down and he telecommutes, so they didn't care where they lived based on commute and used other factors in their decision making)....closer to downtown raleigh may work for you. There are definitely areas that would include walking to cafes, restaurants, shopping. Most of the neighborhoods surrounding the downtown area of raleigh are basically the burbs, you know lots of subdivisions, planned communities, etc. Another place I have showed clients and they have liked is the North hills section in north raleigh. there are condos there, but also older homes in the surrounding neighborhood. I have friends (late 20's) living in the condo's and they love it because they are close to restaurants, shopping, etc.

Anyhow, I could go on and on, but you can email me or PM if you have specific questions. I could narrow things down a bit if you could let me know more specifics about your move. Regardless, yes, there are areas where I think you could find what you are looking for..............

Leigh
Leigh, I to am looking to move to the Raleigh area. My wife and I visited this past week and happened to drive thrrough the North Hills area on our return home. I was looking for the zipcode of North Hills so that I might look for townhomes for sale on the internet in the area and stumbled on this website with your reply. If you are a realtor, please e-mail me. We haven't made any committments to a realtor yet. Brucec

Old 11-18-2006, 10:08 AM

653 posts, read 2,986,872 times
North Hills is 27609 - but this is a large zipcode, so not all of it is North Hills!

Old 11-18-2006, 11:38 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucec View Post
Leigh, I to am looking to move to the Raleigh area. My wife and I visited this past week and happened to drive thrrough the North Hills area on our return home. I was looking for the zipcode of North Hills so that I might look for townhomes for sale on the internet in the area and stumbled on this website with your reply. If you are a realtor, please e-mail me. We haven't made any committments to a realtor yet. Brucec
I sent you a pm......yes, I am a real estate broker!

Leigh

Old 11-20-2006, 06:10 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,847,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
I would have to agree with you, nothing like the drive on creedmore! That is the way I go home to wake forest, creedmore to 98 to purnell. Anyhow, it is a different feel. ....Leigh

SSSSHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Onh no now everyone will be driving that way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary