Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 07:16 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times

Advertisements

Give me some info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 07:22 AM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Give me some info
I live two miles away.

Big boxes for the price from KHovnanian, national tract builder who has built thousands of homes in the area. I live in one, built by New Fortis, which is now part of KHov.
Close to RR tracks, as some homes back to the tracks, I think.
Passenger train comes through at up to 50+ MPH. Freight trains about 10 MPH slower.

Maybe 6 trains/day.

Good location to get into Apex, or DT Cary. Walk to Food Lion plaza across the street, "Parkway Pointe."

Good school assignments.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I live two miles away.

Big boxes for the price from KHovnanian, national tract builder who has built thousands of homes in the area. I live in one, built by New Fortis, which is now part of KHov.
Passenger train comes through at up to 50+ MPH. Freight trains about 10 MPH slower.

Maybe 6 trains/day.

Good location to get into Apex, or DT Cary. Walk to Food Lion plaza across the street, "Parkway Pointe."

Good school assignments.
The trains......you probably don't know the schedule but around what time do they start/stop?

Old 09-07-2007, 07:48 AM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
The trains......you probably don't know the schedule but around what time do they start/stop?
I had to research this for another client and received the following from Drew Thomas, P.E., at NCDOT:

Mike -

The CSX line along Old Apex Road typically each day carries 2 Amtrak moves (if on time, currently about 9:30 PM and 5:00 AM) and anywhere from 4 to 6 freight train moves at various times of day and/or night, depending on business needs and conditions. Maximum train speeds vary between Cary and Apex, and can be up to 79 mph for Amtrak and 60 mph for freight trains, although (I think but am not certain) CSX currently restricts Amtrak to 60 mph and freights to 45 mph.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Drew

Old 09-07-2007, 08:21 AM

Did your client move there? My agent and I are trying to get more info on the location (cost of upgrades and neighborhood plan) because they are having a sale on options and could be a viable choice for us/.....it's just a fact of making sure we are not woken up at 5am (even though I get up then anyways) and it's not going to effect resale should we have to move.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:19 AM

1,395 posts, read 5,085,180 times
There is also one of those self storage places right beside of the neighborhood. It's a good location off of Cary Parkway, but too close to the train tracks in my opinion.

The houses are nice, but it really scares me how fast they are built. I was there looking at a house in the morning & came back with my dh later that afternoon and the progress on the house next door freaked me out. They were framing the 1st floor in the morning and by the afternoon they were framing the 2nd floor. I wasn't really impressed with the quality of construction.

They are also built waaay too close together for my liking.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:45 PM

It actually does not matter as they have sold out

Old 09-07-2007, 01:40 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Default Maybe thats why they are being discounted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I live two miles away.

Maybe 6 trains/day.

Good school assignments.

Mike, you are a realtor and know the market. I think you would agree that some neighborhoods are still going up in price and others are slowing. Your observations about this community may explain why they are about to do some deep discounting.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:47 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Default I stand corrected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Mike, you are a realtor and know the market. I think you would agree that some neighborhoods are still going up in price and others are slowing. Your observations about this community may explain why they are about to do some deep discounting.

I have found out they are sold out so there discounting must have worked. I did see advertising that they were about to have a big discount.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I have found out they are sold out so there discounting must have worked. I did see advertising that they were about to have a big discount.
The discounting is not until NEXT WEEK!!! 72% off of options at KHOV neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary