Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2007, 12:09 PM

640 posts, read 1,981,429 times

Advertisements

Possible breach of contract issue.

I have met with 1 lawyer in Wake Forest who was unable to advise if the Buyers will be in breach if they back out of our sale.

I need someone who knows NC real estate law thoroughly and is a confident individual and willing to write letters to push buyers to buy if they are even remotely considered in breach (we want the house to sell, we don't want to sue).

Someone who will be willing to sue for specific performance, if necessary.

Direct message with names greatly appreciated.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-08-2007 at 08:08 PM..

Old 09-08-2007, 07:43 PM

12 posts, read 57,986 times
Jane
I have dealt with two excellent real estate attorneys, one in Cary and one in Raleigh. Before I moved to Clayton last year, I spent weeks reading and studying NC real estate law from the state's real estate law web site. You can learn most of the answers there.
One attorney I used for consultation and eventual contract and closing gave me Very helpful advice when I was disputing a contract problem - in my case the sellers were trying to get out. I did eventually release them - under My terms, for a price that I felt was reasonable. From all I have studied and learned from attorneys, agents, sellers and buyers, it really never pays to Force (sue) a buyer, it is long and Expensive, and just adds soooo much unecessary grief to your life. I hope you can arrange for fair terms for ending the contract - if it comes to that, and prepare for another buyer. You know it is extremely common -"buyers remorse." I hope that's all it is, but if not, and they really try to get out of the deal, I will give you the names of the two attorneys. Let me know.
Best of Luck

Moderator cut:
added note:
direct message any recommindations

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-08-2007 at 08:09 PM..
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary