Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2007, 10:44 AM

820 posts, read 2,787,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
Interesting article about the potential effects of the lowed int erst rate that recently took place as it relates to the housing market. It will have a positive effect on those with Home Equity and Credit card debit which should put more money into the economy over time. The downside is fixed rate mortgage may be going up over time.

Lower rates won't turn around housing market just yet -- chicagotribune.com
As far as the other negative effect..... I saw a post over on the mortgage forum that mentioned how standards were loosening and some of the crazy programs like the 40 year term are back (well crazy to me). I surely hope some of us learn from our mistakes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 10:56 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh1005 View Post
As far as the other negative effect..... I saw a post over on the mortgage forum that mentioned how standards were loosening and some of the crazy programs like the 40 year term are back (well crazy to me). I surely hope some of us learn from our mistakes!
Amen to that.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:58 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
I am seeing some scary articles that are not sensationalized. Even Greenspan said today there is a lot more decline to come in housing prices. Some feel the fed saw something that spooked them and thats why they made such a large cut and indicated they would make more.
They really seem concerned about housing triggering a major recession. Maybe Shiller is right?

Old 09-21-2007, 06:59 PM

709 posts, read 934,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I am seeing some scary articles that are not sensationalized. Even Greenspan said today there is a lot more decline to come in housing prices. Some feel the fed saw something that spooked them and thats why they made such a large cut and indicated they would make more.
They really seem concerned about housing triggering a major recession. Maybe Shiller is right?

Oh no not here in Raleigh the triangle!!!

Oh we did not have a bubble! Yea right, 700K homes in North Raleigh and cary!!

Please this area is ripe for a correction. The low end will be fine, but the people who moved down here and put 3 4 and 500K on 7 and 800K homes are in trouble if they need to sell anytime soon or for that matter in the next 3 years.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:04 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times
Default Bubble states in big trouble...

Isn’t the problem that some people can’t afford their present home if they’re forced to lock in to a fixed rate loan and their ARM is about to readjust? I seem to recall hearing that’s why there were so many foreclosures last month and pundits predict things are only going to get worse. If so then this is a national dilemma not just something that faces Raleigh, Durham or Chapel Hill.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:07 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post
Oh no not here in Raleigh the triangle!!!

Oh we did not have a bubble! Yea right, 700K homes in North Raleigh and cary!!

Please this area is ripe for a correction. The low end will be fine, but the people who moved down here and put 3 4 and 500K on 7 and 800K homes are in trouble if they need to sell anytime soon or for that matter in the next 3 years.
The concern is with California, Florida, North East which has a much higher housing cost and contributes a significant percentage to consumer spending which is right now driving much of the economy.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:09 PM

515 posts, read 1,036,366 times
I think the commercial paper market scared the fed, they seem to be unconcerned about inflation or the value of the dollar...there are probably a few more bodies waiting to surface in the whole subprime mess....

Old 09-21-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Isn’t the problem that some people can’t afford their present home if they’re forced to lock in to a fixed rate loan and their ARM is about to readjust? I seem to recall hearing that’s why there were so many foreclosures last month and pundits predict things are only going to get worse. If so then this is a national dilemma not just something that faces Raleigh, Durham or Chapel Hill.

But the brokers and people that see only the positve side of the market have been poopooing the issue. sayin oh we never had a bubble! What I have been saying is that bubble or not the people who are trying to move here CANNOT because they CANNOT sell in NY, NJ, CA, FL, CT or anyother area that was in BUBBLE LAND!!

Old 09-21-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
I think the commercial paper market scared the fed, they seem to be unconcerned about inflation or the value of the dollar...there are probably a few more bodies waiting to surface in the whole subprime mess....

Just wait until the PESO is on par with the dollar! The Loon from Canada is now EQUAL to the Dollar!!

Old 09-21-2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
The concern is with California, Florida, North East which has a much higher housing cost and contributes a significant percentage to consumer spending which is right now driving much of the economy.
Yes the place I came from in 06 april. New Jersey. The house I sold for 520K in April of 06 is now listing for 410K and sitting for the past 9 months!!! Yep the people who bought my place need to move for some reason and are in deep DooDoo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary