Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 07:37 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times

Advertisements

We are considering purchasing a home for our retirement in the Brier Creek Country Club Community. We are not very familiar with the Triangle / Raleigh / Cary area and would really appreciate ALL opinions from you guys.

Commute and schools do not matter to us except as they relate to long term resale value. Our biggest concern is the social factors - ability to establish new friendships quickly and easily - and access to a wide variety of shopping, restaurants (especially ethnic), other activities and social events for retirees . We are not golfers but we THINK the CC club house would make it easier to meet new friends, yes?

The builder is Toll Brothers and I'd certainly like comments on them as wel! (consumer complaints by PM please as they are not allowed on the public forum.)

Thanks for the help - this seems like such a nice area to live with wide variety of activities and friendly people, so we are very impressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 09:24 AM

484 posts, read 1,583,892 times
Welcome to the triangle!

I think you'll find it very easy to meet people here, regardless of your age range.

Brier Creek is a great, up and coming area. You'll be near pretty much everything and most likely within walking distance depending on where in BC you're looking (if not, a VERY short drive) to the movie theater, Target, Walmart, numerous shops and restaurants. There aren't many ethnic restaurants at BC but there are a few (Aladdin's Eatery is great, and same with Champa Thai and Sushi). I know there is also an Indian restaurant there, and maybe a few other ethnic places, but for the most part the restaurants are all American type food or chains (Johnny Carino's italian, Applebees, etc). As far as shopping, everything you could want is there. This link has a list of all the shops, amenities, etc. that are in the shopping center part. Also, Brier Creek is near the airport, easy access to 540, etc.

We haven't used Toll Brothers, but I've heard great things about them. Their quality is supposed to be very good, and I know they've won numerous awards. (Best National Builder, etc)

I know that Brier Creek has a ton of amenities (a library, card room, pools, tennis courts, etc) where you could meet friends in addition to the CC. And, they have a Brier Creek Seniors Club for retirees. You could meet several friends there I'm sure.

Good luck!

Old 03-13-2012, 08:00 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Thanks, TexasBlonde.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:37 AM

906 posts, read 2,380,940 times
Like TexasBlonde said, there aren't a ton of ethnic eateries in Brier Creek, but it's a great location for getting to those places easily. Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill & Raleigh all have some great mom & pop type ethnic places--all easily accessible from Brier Creek.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:06 PM

127 posts, read 356,566 times
Here is a link to the Raleigh Community Center in Brier Creek. They have affordable classes like yoga and line dancing and probably crafts and things throughout the year.

Brier Creek Community Center - The Official City of Raleigh Portal

Look for the Lesiure Ledger for lists of classes offered at all the community centers, you can view by location.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:20 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
One thing to understand is that there are mutliple levels of HOA dues required at Brier Creek. Each neighborhood within the neighborhood generally has an HOA, then there's the overall HOA, then there's the required social membership to BCCC.

Toll Brothers is good, but not great. But, they are a production builder and not a custom builder at the same time. Among production builders, they are up there.

FWIW, Del Webb is soon to start a new community nearby - about 5 minutes closer to Durham. I don't know who is buolding it for them; if it's Pulte I would say Toll brothers is much better.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:22 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Del Webb is owned by Pulte.
Pulte will be the builders at Duraleigh Arbors.
The bountiful lifestyle options and community amenities are more compelling than concerns about building quality for many people.

The location is fantastic, I think, compared to Carolina Preserve, which is predicted to be built out in August. That is also the prediction for DA to start up. As of now, DA has no roads or infrastructure that can be seen from the street.
Set at the corner of TW Alexander and ACC Blvd.
Right across the street from Wake Med Emergency Dept.
Close to all the conveniences, retail, and services available at Brier Creek.
Minutes to RDU and easy access to Raleigh and Durham.

It will only enhance Brier Creek as a retirement destination choice, with folks able to go from "regular" living in Brier Creek to a proven 55+ community concept less than a mile away.

Duraleigh Arbors will be huge, stretching almost to Leesville Road, and with a clubhouse similar to that of Carolina Preserve.
I would expect that pricing would be higher at DA, due to more expensive land acquisition.

KHOV's Four Seasons at Renaissance off Page Road will feel Del Webb's presence in August.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:18 PM

37 posts, read 61,511 times
Default Carolina Arbors in Brier Creek

Does anyone have an update on the Carolina Arbors in Brier Creek build? not much yet on internet or Del Webb website. Has a price point been published? Seems like it is definitely conveniently located. Pulte press release states grand opening slated for spring 2013 but I am not from the area and I'm wondering if construction has commenced & if there are any model homes yet? thanx for any info you can offer.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:32 PM

57 posts, read 101,770 times
Just saw a sign for a sales office near Papa Johns on Brier Creek Parkway. Not sure if it is open yet.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:35 PM

57 posts, read 101,770 times
There seem to be many retirees buying the patio homes in the Regency section of B.C.C.C. Regency has access to all the amenities at the club. Suggest you drive through there and stop at the model home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary