Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 04:56 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,228,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_widget View Post
I haven't tried this yet, but a friend told me that if you take a spoonful of locally made honey in the morning or evening that it will help. Not sure if it is an old wives tale, or actually works...I'm willing to give it a shot though.
The pollen is here, the pollen is here!

I get my hair cut in Wake Forest and the guy at the shop has bees and sells their honey.

The girl that cuts my hair says she takes a spoonful of his honey per day and her allergies are gone!!!

However, according to him, you have to use un-processed honey, directly from hives. He sells it in his shop.

I don't have allergies but if I did, it would be worth a try!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 05:27 PM

809 posts, read 2,187,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
The pollen is here, the pollen is here!

I get my hair cut in Wake Forest and the guy at the shop has bees and sells their honey.

The girl that cuts my hair says she takes a spoonful of his honey per day and her allergies are gone!!!

However, according to him, you have to use un-processed honey, directly from hives. He sells it in his shop.

I don't have allergies but if I did, it would be worth a try!

Vicki
It works great, Vicki. The secret is to make sure you get unprocessed honey from bees that are from the area you live in. Bee hives harvested from, let's say, Wilmington or the mountains likely would not be as effective.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:28 PM

84 posts, read 159,029 times
Maybe it really is just me, but is anyone else experiencing far milder allergy symptoms this year? Usually by the week of yellow, I'm on daily zyrtec, sudafed, benadryl, and eyedrops--and I still feel miserable. This year it's an occasional zrytec or benadryl, no sudafed, and eyedrops every other day--and I don't have that miserable feeling.

If this is another side benefit of global warming...let's keep it up!!

Old 03-20-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudin View Post
Maybe it really is just me, but is anyone else experiencing far milder allergy symptoms this year? Usually by the week of yellow, I'm on daily zyrtec, sudafed, benadryl, and eyedrops--and I still feel miserable. This year it's an occasional zrytec or benadryl, no sudafed, and eyedrops every other day--and I don't have that miserable feeling.

If this is another side benefit of global warming...let's keep it up!!
Check this out, boudin.

Pollen expert: Allergy season to last longer but be less intense :: WRAL.com

Old 03-20-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by second right View Post
It works great, Vicki. The secret is to make sure you get unprocessed honey from bees that are from the area you live in. Bee hives harvested from, let's say, Wilmington or the mountains likely would not be as effective.

Are there any other ailments that unprocessed honey cures? It would be great if it took 10 pounds off or maybe 10 years?!!

Vicki

Old 03-20-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Are there any other ailments that unprocessed honey cures? It would be great if it took 10 pounds off or maybe 10 years?!!

Vicki
Welllll, I'm still pudgy and wrinkly so I can't help you there.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:47 PM

84 posts, read 159,029 times
Quote:

Makes sense. Was actually kind of wondering about that when I started noticing allergies starting in late January, a little earlier than normal. So far, definitely prefer this spring to the previous ten.

Last edited by boudin; 03-20-2012 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-20-2012, 06:27 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,300 times
Quote:

Okay, we shall see. Right now I only have to take Zyrtec to control my allergies. I will purchase the honey at the shop Vicki has recommended and will start taking it in place of Zyrtec. I can go by there tomorrow.

Vicki, care to share where their is a honey fare?

Old 03-20-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Okay, we shall see. Right now I only have to take Zyrtec to control my allergies. I will purchase the honey at the shop Vicki has recommended and will start taking it in place of Zyrtec. I can go by there tomorrow.

Jerry at J and J Hair Design, which is on Main Street, Wake Forest. Hope it is ok to list this. If not, I'm gonna blame you for getting me in trouble!!!

Vicki

Old 03-20-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post

I take it three times a day (yuck) teaspoons. You aren't going to recognize the difference unless you go off Zyrtec.

I'm allergic to all the OTC and prescription allergy medications but this truly, really, absolutely, without a doubt, helped tremendously.

Disclaimer: This is not a realistic cure for people who have severe asthma or other severe disorders caused by allergies. I am not a human medical doctor. I am only giving my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary