Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 04:22 PM

83 posts, read 207,885 times

Advertisements

I am seriously considering buying a Subaru, probably a new one. I currently drive a 15 year old Camry, and I don't have experience with Subaru dealers here.

Can anyone recommend where to buy a Subaru? Can you recommend a specific salesperson? I'm a woman who doesn't care for 'good old boy' type salesmen. I live in Raleigh, and I hope to buy from close by. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 06:23 PM

294 posts, read 829,049 times
my wife and I had a great experience at Johnson Subaru in Cary. The salesperson was a young fellow named Ryan and he was great.

You will not regret a Subaru. We've had four and find our newest (Legacy) to be the best yet.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:27 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NC View Post
my wife and I had a great experience at Johnson Subaru in Cary. The salesperson was a young fellow named Ryan and he was great.

You will not regret a Subaru. We've had four and find our newest (Legacy) to be the best yet.

I bought my Subaru in my previous state, but I agree you will not regret buying a Subaru. I used Performance in Chapel Hill for some car maintenance and while I was never seriously shopping I did find the salesman there to be very helpful and respectful. I have a friend who purchased a Forester there and had a great experience. BTW, once you are past the warranty period and are looking for a good non-dealer mechanic, check out WASP in Durham off of Hwy 55. They are GREAT.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:20 AM

234 posts, read 822,516 times
+1 for John Subaru. My wife bought a car there and they treated her very nicely. The sales manager "Caz" there is top notch and will be happy to communicate with you personally. If we were to buy another Subaru we would definitely being going back to Johnson.

John

Old 03-27-2012, 09:33 AM

234 posts, read 822,516 times
FYI...Those MPG numbers are not correct at all, they are not comparing apples to apples. If you go to the Subaru website you willl see that an automatic Legacy gets 23/31. You may want to check your facts before posting incorrect or skewed data.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
Unless you need 4WD, I've never understood the appeal of Subaru. Though they've improved, the predicted & real mpg of Subaru's is noticeably lower than comparable Toyota's and Honda's and a comparably equipped Subaru is typically more expensive. But YMMV...

Old 03-27-2012, 09:51 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,405,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNC View Post
FYI...Those MPG numbers are not correct at all, they are not comparing apples to apples. If you go to the Subaru website you willl see that an automatic Legacy gets 23/31. You may want to check your facts before posting incorrect or skewed data.

John
I can assure you it was not intentional, I somehow chose the Legacy with an MT. I would have thought that would have provided better mpg, but not the case with the Legacy. Apologies...

Old 03-27-2012, 08:18 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,543,889 times
Almost pulled the trigger on a wrx a few years ago. Johnson Subaru was above and beyond any dealer experience I've had.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:17 AM

826 posts, read 1,931,989 times
I would NOT go to Southern States. My husband got a car from there and it was all/only about the sell. They promised a good deal several times only to have it shot down by the manager. We wished we had gone to the dealer in Cary instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary