Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 03:08 PM

22 posts, read 52,740 times

Advertisements

This sort of baffles my mind. We lived in Fuquay Varina and it was Wake County. We moved to a new home about 8 miles from where I was at, and its Fuquay Varina in Harnett County. How is that? Its a little bit more countryier here. I can still get all over like Raleigh, Cary and Apex but still. Im just trying to understand how Harnett Covers Fuquay Varina also. I go down the road about 3 miles and it turns into Wake county lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 03:10 PM

273 posts, read 618,892 times
Its just an imaginary line..........

At least you werent one of the people who were told they lived in a different state this week in NC/SC.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:49 PM

43,262 posts, read 77,033,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
This sort of baffles my mind. We lived in Fuquay Varina and it was Wake County. We moved to a new home about 8 miles from where I was at, and its Fuquay Varina in Harnett County. How is that? Its a little bit more countryier here. I can still get all over like Raleigh, Cary and Apex but still. Im just trying to understand how Harnett Covers Fuquay Varina also. I go down the road about 3 miles and it turns into Wake county lol
One explanation: Towns can, and do, annex developments in adjoining counties. They can then provide town services and governance and tax property owners as residents of the town.

Another very common explanation: Your mail is delivered by the Fuquay Varina station of the USPS, so Fuquay Varina is your mailing address.

Are you in the Fuquay Varina municipal jurisdiction, or just getting your mail from the FV Post Office?

BTW, Holly Springs USPS station also delivers to Harnett County residents, so those folks have HS addresses.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:54 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,029,735 times
There are parts of wake forest (a wake forest address) that are in granville county. It is those lines we do not see! And, part of wake forest in Franklin county as well.

Leigh

Old 04-03-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
One explanation: Towns can, and do, annex developments in adjoining counties. They can then provide town services and governance and tax property owners as residents of the town.

Another very common explanation: Your mail is delivered by the Fuquay Varina station of the USPS, so Fuquay Varina is your mailing address.

Are you in the Fuquay Varina municipal jurisdiction, or just getting your mail from the FV Post Office?

BTW, Holly Springs USPS station also delivers to Harnett County residents, so those folks have HS addresses.
Ha, I see. To be honest with you, Im really not sure. IM right off 42. Duncan is up the street, Kipling is up the other side of the street and Lillington is so far up. But back down the other way, Im 5 miles from 401. Its really sort of weird. We have everything going through Harnett County I believe. And have the Fuquay Address. In a new development that was built out here. But its like literlly a few miles down the street, like 3 it turns into Wake County. Near Wake South where the baseball field is for the kids.

All I can say is its messed up cause its a lot more driving to get around places. But I guess thats what people do here. Then again, Im living with my parents so this is really good for them. But for when I go, I have to get back into some sort of existance lol

Old 04-03-2012, 06:54 AM

915 posts, read 2,381,496 times
Yep. There's some Raleigh in Durham County, some Chapel Hill in Durham County, and some Durham in Orange County.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperoberto View Post
Yep. There's some Raleigh in Durham County, some Chapel Hill in Durham County, and some Durham in Orange County.
Thats strange. I think its more of a feeling of saying, "yeah, I live in Wake County NC" Just sounds cooler then, "Hey! I live out in Harnett County!" People know Harnett is country lol

Old 04-03-2012, 10:36 AM

932 posts, read 3,096,456 times
This part of Wake county is a bit of a mess. Garner is the same way...part in Johnston and part in Wake. You can go down highway 50, between Garner and Benson and you're in Raleigh city limits.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:20 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
Thats strange. I think its more of a feeling of saying, "yeah, I live in Wake County NC" Just sounds cooler then, "Hey! I live out in Harnett County!" People know Harnett is country lol
Hey, I resemble that remark. Someone once asked where could they move and be close enough to Raleigh and far enough away they wouldn't see a 7-11. I told them Harnett, you would probably have to wait another 20 years before a 7-11 comes to Harnett. Now I see they are building a SHEETS in Angier!

Civilization is coming to Harnett.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:27 PM

43,262 posts, read 77,033,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Hey, I resemble that remark. Someone once asked where could they move and be close enough to Raleigh and far enough away they wouldn't see a 7-11. I told them Harnett, you would probably have to wait another 20 years before a 7-11 comes to Harnett. Now I see they are building a SHEETS in Angier!

Civilization is coming to Harnett.
Civilization? Heck, Angier already had a Hardees.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary