U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 4,833 times

Advertisements

You are correct; West Elm is opening a location at The Streets of Southpoint. The Bose store moved to the Tanger Outlets in Mebane. West Elm is converting that location and annexing the empty space behind it as well as the two empty spaces above it (in the food court next to the Chick-Fil-A) to become a bi-level store. It should be open at the end of May or early June.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 04:33 PM

271 posts, read 546,815 times
I can confirm - I was at the mall today and there was construction and a huge sign saying WEST ELM COMING SOON where Bose used to be. Yay!

Old 05-12-2012, 05:23 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,330,466 times
*screaming with excitement!*

YEAH!!!! I can't wait!!!! Oh my house is going to look FABULOUS!! Now all we need is an Ikea!

Old 05-12-2012, 07:51 PM

4,598 posts, read 8,634,148 times
You know, with the number of colleges in this area it's kind of surprising we don't already have an ikea.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:11 AM

7,694 posts, read 10,065,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melalina View Post
You are correct; West Elm is opening a location at The Streets of Southpoint. The Bose store moved to the Tanger Outlets in Mebane. West Elm is converting that location and annexing the empty space behind it as well as the two empty spaces above it (in the food court next to the Chick-Fil-A) to become a bi-level store. It should be open at the end of May or early June.
That makes the move a year or so (or maybe more?) of the very popular kids play area make some sense now. At the time it was rumored to be for some other store but then nothing happened there that I'm aware of. They must have been negotiating for a long time.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:45 PM

1,860 posts, read 6,723,780 times
West Elm will be opening the end of Summer. Late August at the earliest.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:26 PM

7,694 posts, read 10,065,987 times
Was there tonight and construction is underway.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:22 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,190,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
That makes the move a year or so (or maybe more?) of the very popular kids play area make some sense now. At the time it was rumored to be for some other store but then nothing happened there that I'm aware of. They must have been negotiating for a long time.
Ditto the Coldwater Creek space renovation/shrinkage. A sign on that space last weekend noted Brooks Brothers is coming soon.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:52 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,292,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
You know, with the number of colleges in this area it's kind of surprising we don't already have an ikea.
Agreed. I think their thought process is that everyone will drive <3 hours to shop at an Ikea, Charlotte is more "central" to NC in that folks from western and eastern schools can reach it within a reasonable drive. They also know that at some point kids in Raleigh will visit Charlottes Ikea anyway, or have their parents just bring the furniture with them.

Clearly agree, convenience wise I want one here but I've given this a lot of thought and I see why there are probably other areas more deserving than a 2nd NC location unfortunately. Glad West Elm is coming!

Old 05-19-2012, 08:47 PM

519 posts, read 862,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull City Rising View Post
Ditto the Coldwater Creek space renovation/shrinkage. A sign on that space last weekend noted Brooks Brothers is coming soon.
The Brooks Brothers store that is coming to Southpoint is a new concept for the company, called Flatiron. The concept will be geared towards the younger Brooks shopper. With so many colleges in the Triangle, I expect it to do quite well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary