U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 09:45 AM

273 posts, read 519,025 times

Advertisements

Newspaper article (the print one that I complain they litter my driveway with, actually read the damn thing for once!) talked about a bowling alley going in downtown wake forest.

Said Summer this year.

Any other news about it, where particularly?

I heard rumors the bowling alley was going in the now-defunct Kroger @ wakefield plaza, but apparently not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 09:45 AM

2,872 posts, read 4,964,677 times
You’ll have to wait a while for a brew and some bowling in downtown Wake Forest - Wake Forest - NorthRaleighNews.com

Old 04-04-2012, 09:52 AM

Thanks RDUBiker! Here's the text from the article for the "click lazy".

Quote:
There’s still time to polish that bowling ball and practice your strike-throwing technique – originally set to open April 15, downtown Wake Forest’s first bowling alley is now slated for a late summer debut.

Brooks Street Bowl, a collaboration of father-and-son business team Doug and Greg Pearce, is waiting on final building permits from the city this week so they can start construction on South Brooks Street.

“Besides that, we’re ready to rock and roll down here,” Greg Pearce said.

The town is currently reviewing the bowling alley’s building plan, senior planner Charlie Yokley said. The business is moving into the site of a former night club, so the sound buffers needed for the rumble and clash of a bowling alley are already built-in. Pearce hopes to open in July or August.

Along with the bowling alley, no shortage of projects promise to bring more pep to Wake Forest’s quaint downtown. The final phases of the town’s revamp of South White Street started construction last week.
Over the Falls restaurant, also owned and operated by the Pearces, more than doubled its capacity by relocating to Renaissance Place on South Brooks Street in January. And construction started on White
Street Brewing Company on downtown’s main thoroughfare in December.

The new businesses match the town’s Renaissance Plan for the Heart of Wake Forest, adopted in April 2004, which calls for furthering the town’s arts and entertainment options.
White Street Brewing Company owner Dino Radosta could not be reached for comment this week. The brewery’s website still touts a spring 2012 opening. The business’ Facebook page shows half-completed bars and shelving inside, but the windows and doors facing South White Street are still covered with plywood.

Pearce hatched his plan for an eight-lane bowling alley with a bar and party room while discussing the lack of entertainment options downtown with some friends. He sees the venture as a chance to get in early on what he expects to be a boom in Wake Forest’s downtown. If everything goes according to plan, he hopes to open a distinctive second restaurant in the shopping plaza in a year or two.
The Raleigh native and Millbrook High School graduate sees Wake Forest transforming into a hip town like Carrboro, Chapel Hill’s artsy neighbor.

“We’re so close to being a really cool place where people come hang out and choose as a destination even if they live 30 minutes away,” Pearce said.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:53 AM

The forum prohibits posting of copyrighted material, so they prefer links. That's why I didn't copy/paste

Are you really a physicist?

Old 04-04-2012, 11:38 AM

Yup, I'm on the small side, quantum electrodynamics. My grammar is a little weak since English is my second language, French Canadian.

Copy paste allowed with fair use, allows copying articles for educational purposes or something along those lines!

Old 04-04-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benthephysicist View Post
Yup, I'm on the small side, quantum electrodynamics. My grammar is a little weak since English is my second language, French Canadian.

Copy paste allowed with fair use, allows copying articles for educational purposes or something along those lines!
Your grammar has been fine as far as I've seen. Interesting - are you a researcher or applications guy?

Copy/paste - didn't say you were doing anything wrong, only what the forum bosses like/don't like

Old 04-04-2012, 04:55 PM

I like my profile page, I have rep for reporting a post and an infraction for being a troll from the same mod. All research, more education/travel/lecture/collaborative efforts.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:02 PM

9,558 posts, read 26,429,234 times
Isn't it amazing what you can find out when you read the paper instead of just throw it away.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:11 AM

374 posts, read 1,436,153 times
great news! now if we can just get a little movie theater!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary