Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 01:57 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,154,484 times

Advertisements

Anyone in this area have or know someone that has a respitory infection almost flu like illness that wont go away, even with antibiotics? Started out like allergies, then ear infection sometimes pink eye lots of coughing and the like. No high fever, if there is one it is usally around 99.x. Also the symtoms change very fast and you seem to get better to only have it return. I have heard somepeople having this for over a month in all different states and that is with 3 different antibiotics.

Doctors dont have a definite diagnosis but think allergies and cold together but it seems like they dont know for sure. I have heard lots of kids in preschool have this but everyone is lost with it. Main thing I heard the kids have is a very "deep" cough but it comes and go from one day to another.

I know at first it sounds like allergies but it is much worse. I am on my second antibiotic in 2 weeks and still dont fell better but have more days to go on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 02:17 PM

289 posts, read 489,288 times
Sent you a direct message.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:42 PM

683 posts, read 1,883,393 times
What kind of allergy medicine have you tried?

Old 04-04-2012, 03:31 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,089,036 times
Have your heart checked if you haven't already.

It might be allergies and a heart issue.

A co-worker had a deep cough, and it sounded like a respiratory issue. It was his heart. For him, it became an emergency situation. We felt guilty for not telling him to get it checked out sooner! (Not that it was any of our business...)

That is probably not your issue...but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:59 PM

451 posts, read 1,157,017 times
I actually have the same thing. Our entire family got knocked down, mine started as a respiratory issue (congestion), finally went away with abx, came back as sore throat and now have sinus headaches/nasal drip. It's been about a month or more for me. I think it's a combination of a cold/virus in addition to the fluctuations in weather.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:47 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
Anyone in this area have or know someone that has a respitory infection almost flu like illness that wont go away, even with antibiotics? Started out like allergies, then ear infection sometimes pink eye lots of coughing and the like. No high fever, if there is one it is usally around 99.x. Also the symtoms change very fast and you seem to get better to only have it return. I have heard somepeople having this for over a month in all different states and that is with 3 different antibiotics.

Doctors dont have a definite diagnosis but think allergies and cold together but it seems like they dont know for sure. I have heard lots of kids in preschool have this but everyone is lost with it. Main thing I heard the kids have is a very "deep" cough but it comes and go from one day to another.

I know at first it sounds like allergies but it is much worse. I am on my second antibiotic in 2 weeks and still dont fell better but have more days to go on it.
Oh good grief! I think we might be experiencing this right now. DD picked up when she went in for a well child visit last week. (So mad at the doctor's office!!) And she seemed better and then is worse. My whole household has it now. We have not tried antibiotics yet. I'm afraid to go back to the Ped's office since that's where the creeping crud was picked up! But I'm breaking down and calling them in the morning. My hubby never gets sick and he's had this for over a week.

I promise to keep my coughing family at home if everyone else does the same. Then maybe we all can get well.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:50 PM

294 posts, read 829,049 times
Yes! Have been dealing with this for a month but do not feel terribly ill. Very frustrating but there is an end in sight!

Old 04-04-2012, 08:03 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,154,484 times
Default better?

Has anyone here atcually gotten over this thing? I hear many that have it but few that got over it. Antibiotics only help some but not fully. The whole thing is strange as it seems to be all over the US and started around Feb this year.

If you or your family starts to get this, I advise jumping right on it with every bit of defense you have. I have had the flu in the past and it was easier and quicker than this. I know that we had a major pollen bloom but it is more than this.

Oh and my heart is fine as it has been checked recently. I will add that I am a healthy person in general and this is the longest lasting and reoccuring thing that I have had.

I am suprised that this hasnt made news yet. When I mention it to someone they are shocked to not be the only one who is going through this. Doctors arent taking seriously.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:29 PM

821 posts, read 1,461,543 times
I feel a little better knowing I'm not alone - I kept calling it allergies, but I usually don't get this nagging cough with that. Didn't think I'd come across this type of post, but glad the OP brought it up!!

Old 04-04-2012, 08:33 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,847 times
Sounds to me like you are experiencing mold issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary