U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 02:37 PM

23 posts, read 45,974 times

Advertisements

We're moving to North Raleigh and I'm trying to find a good dance studio for my daughter. She is thinking of pursuing dance in college and is currently 15 years old. Does anyone have any experience with dance centers that could give me some advice? She is thinking about going to City Ballet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 11:23 AM

477 posts, read 1,236,522 times
If she is planning on pursuing dance in college, she will need good technique. Of the two studios you mention, City Ballet would be the better choice. You might want to check out Raleigh School of Ballet in west Raleigh. It is well worth the drive if your daughter is truly serious about dance.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:21 PM

384 posts, read 805,261 times
I think City Ballet is probably the better choice of the two we listed. Our daughter goes to Carolina Dance Center, which had one of their students accepted into the very selective Julliard dance program this past year. So I'm thinking they're a good school too. Our daughter is only 7 so we're not worried about competitive schools yet (if we ever will be).

Old 04-09-2012, 06:28 PM

23 posts, read 45,974 times
Thank you.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:00 PM

814 posts, read 1,702,341 times
I agree with the rec of Raleigh School of Ballet, but they are primarily ballet, although they offer other instruction too. If you are looking for more jazz or modern or hip hop, others may be better.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:13 PM

477 posts, read 1,236,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usedtobe VaNC View Post
I agree with the rec of Raleigh School of Ballet, but they are primarily ballet, although they offer other instruction too. If you are looking for more jazz or modern or hip hop, others may be better.
Actually, the Raleigh School of Ballet has good modern training also, just no jazz or hip hop. Most college programs will be either modern or ballet based and even the modern programs appreciate students with good ballet training. RSB's training will prepare a student well for college auditions.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:14 PM

5,413 posts, read 4,814,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by posa269 View Post
We're moving to North Raleigh and I'm trying to find a good dance studio for my daughter. She is thinking of pursuing dance in college and is currently 15 years old. Does anyone have any experience with dance centers that could give me some advice? She is thinking about going to City Ballet.
It really depends on your daughter's mindset and where she wants to go with her dance. Both are good schools for what they offer....but like most choices...it's what works for her.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:28 AM

9 posts, read 3,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by posa269 View Post

Where do you all end up at for dance and did you feel it was a good studio for wanting to pursue dance in the future?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary