U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 12:37 PM

23 posts, read 41,746 times

Advertisements

I live in cali now and am "crunchy" well a little crunchy. I have been afraid of hating nc. My cousin lives in Apex so we were thinking of moving there. Would Cary be better? I need crunch around me!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 10:42 PM

597 posts, read 992,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbstar3 View Post
I live in cali now and am "crunchy" well a little crunchy. I have been afraid of hating nc. My cousin lives in Apex so we were thinking of moving there. Would Cary be better? I need crunch around me!!!
Cary is much more creamy than crunchy, but everything is close enough. You can live happily in Cary and go play in Raleigh, Carrboro, Durham, where ever. Hell, I drove across the entire country to go see the Grateful Dead, I can drive 20 minutes away to get a good groove on here

Old 04-10-2012, 07:10 AM

919 posts, read 2,027,116 times
I'm not saying that there's no "crunchy" folks in Cary, because there are certainly a few, but there's a much higher proportion in Durham and Carrboro.

Come visit us, check out all the towns in the triangle (preferably try to spend an evening in each one) and then make a decision.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:34 AM

1,752 posts, read 3,152,436 times
Yeah, this thread has me thinking I wish the crunchy people (or anyone else who is 'alternative') wouldn't seek to be so isolated...they are a refreshing change for the rest of us. Mix! Mingle!

And just because I don't look crunchy on the outside, doesn't mean I'm not crunchy on the inside! So if you saw me at Whole Foods you might not think I would share similar values, but I meet most of the criteria on that crunchy list.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:48 AM

I live to mingle I have friends.from Nevada who are opposite of crunchy. But I don't want to be all alone in Apex. Apex seems cheaper than Carrboro.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:54 AM

This might be a good place for this question. I want to get a small tat on the inside of my wrist... In cali this is totally fine but if I move to nc and I shooting myself in the foot when it comes to finding a professional job? My other tat is one my foot and I can cover it when need be. Obviously wrist is harder.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:56 AM

4,598 posts, read 8,643,305 times
Get it far enough up your wrist that it can be covered with a long-sleeve shirt and you won't have to worry. But yes, I think getting a tattoo where it can't be easily covered will prevent you from getting jobs depending on what your line of work is.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:16 PM

10,323 posts, read 18,682,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbstar3 View Post
You'd do better in Raleigh than in Cary, Apex, or Holly Springs for that. All of those towns are very nice, but characterized mostly by suburban neighborhoods and cul-de-sacs aimed at families with children. Not that it would be a hostile place to live, but (stereotypical) Cary is kind of the opposite of "crunchy" for this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary