Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 09:33 AM

69 posts, read 260,260 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know which Cary neighborhoods have homes for $300,000 and below with trails for walking or biking and a pool without super high homeowner fees? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2006, 10:47 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
Does anyone know which Cary neighborhoods have homes for $300,000 and below with trails for walking or biking and a pool without super high homeowner fees? Thanks.
There are quite a few...Sunset Oaks (actually listed as Holly Springs but less than a mile from Cary), Scot's Laurel, Kitts Creek (new so I haven't taken any clients there yet), Glen Ridge, Oxxford Hunt (older), Lochmere (one of my favorites, older), and quite a few others.

As for the homeowner's dues...as long as you are buying a detached home and not a townhouse, they really aren't that bad. Most of these are only $35 per month and that includes the pool.

Hope this helps...Vicki

Old 09-17-2006, 05:20 PM

2 posts, read 6,286 times
Default Help.. Moved to Florida..don't like it.. How is Cary?

Hi there!

Ugh, I hope someone can help me! I sold my home on Long Island, New York because I couldn't handle the high taxes.
I moved to Florida three months ago because I had family here and figured I wouldn't be alone. Now I have to deal with terrible insurance rates in Florida! There is no escape for the weary!
I found out that Cary, NC is a really nice place to live. I would like to sell my home in Florida and move to Cary. I want to find a place to "stay put." Moving from the only home you have known your whole life is a terrible experience. It is lonely, stressful.. scary.. I want to plant my roots and be happy. I want to be able to afford my home and have gainful employment. I also have a daughter that will need to attend university. If someone can shed some light for me.. I sure would appreciate it. I may be able to drive to Cary in October 2006 to check it out. Can anyone give me some suggestions on where to go for information when I get there?
Thank you.. Dorothy
My email address is : [email]Octobermoon17@Optonline.Net[/email]

Old 09-17-2006, 06:09 PM

40 posts, read 160,686 times
Cary would be perfect for you.
Low crime, educated, yankeefied, high paying jobs (SAS institute), close to the universities.
We natives love to joke and use the acronym for Cary: Containment Area for Relocated Yankees.
Also, most people pronounce Cary like "Cahry" because most are northern transplants. Natives pronounce it like "Kerry"

Old 09-17-2006, 06:26 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,561,845 times
I love Sunset Oaks in Holly Springs. They have several builders out there, but the one I like the best is Timberland. If your in the area anytime soon, I'll take you out there.

Debbie

Old 09-17-2006, 07:47 PM

60 posts, read 303,514 times
I live in McDonald Woods which attachs to Pirate's Cove. Pirate's Cove has lots of older homes (most 25 years or newer). Most are under $250k. Established neighborhood, lots of trees, and one of the nicer children's parks in Cary is in McDonald Woods. Also the Cary greenway trail runs through these two neighborhoods and is being connected to Kid's Together Park very soon via a bridge that was just installed over US-1. Walking distance to Cary High School and Cary Towne Center Mall, plus tons of other shopping nearby. Honestly I think this is one of the best places to live in Cary.

Old 09-17-2006, 08:44 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Hi Dorothy,

I think right now there are 4 of us Realtors on this forum, trying to help and give information. By now...you have probably been emailed by at least half of them! I won't bother you with an email, however, if you do have any questions about the area, I'll be happy to answer any questions for you.

As for your daughter attending a university, we have some great ones in the area. However, she'll need to be a resident of NC for a year in order to pay in state tuition. Out of state tuition is quite costly, so you may want to move sooner than later.

Of course...you could always send her to a community college, until you have the one year residency.

Vicki

Old 09-18-2006, 05:08 AM

9 posts, read 46,071 times
Default Cary

I used to be one of those people who poked fun at Cary. Lived in the country all my life, and could never see myself living in an urban area.. I don't feel that way any more. You could live just about anywhere in Cary, and not go wrong. You are just a few minutes from so many different things. Lake Jordan, the universities, and so much more including Raleigh's Fayetteville Street. Seriously all that you want is within a very short distance. And Cary is Safe, Safe, Safe.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:12 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,852,270 times
Dorothy, you need to stop and take stock of what you really want. Moving to Florida was apparently very impulsive and ill-conceived if three months later you are wanting to move yet again. You ought to visit the Cary/Raleigh area a time or two to take a look at the area. You also need to do some serious research into things like insurance, taxes, living costs and employment options before making another impulsive move. This indecision is very costly to you both economically and emotionally so "look before you leap." There are also hurricane risks in North Carolina so be sure you factor that in to your decision. Don't beat yourself up over a wrong move but be sure you have all the facts before you move yet again. Good luck and God bless.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:10 PM

1,531 posts, read 7,405,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Yokel View Post
I used to be one of those people who poked fun at Cary. Lived in the country all my life, and could never see myself living in an urban area.. I don't feel that way any more.
Wait...are you saying Cary is Urban?!?!?

Suburban, yes...but urban, no. In fact, I'd say Cary stands against everything that true Urban design (ie, Smart Growth) stands for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary