Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:05 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,385,873 times

Advertisements

I saw some Pink Ladies at SuperTarget. Not the greatest place for produce but they had a few unusual varieties of apples. I got some Honeycrisp there. I also found some great Macintosh apples at Trader Joe's. Organic and from an orchard in New York state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 09:27 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLamothe View Post
::sigh:: Fall is the time I think I will miss MA the most! I grew up down the street from an apple orchard and I miss those fresh apples! We moved here last summer and had just discovered the farmers market in time for appes! We had a woman make us the most fantastic blend for an apple pie! There were types I had never even heard of! Mmmm I am going to have to go back this year and have her make up another blend. It may not be as crisp in the mornings and cool down as fast in the evenings as MA but I can still make fantastic apple pie!!!!!!!!!!!
Who is this wonderful pie-making lady? I'd like to get the blend!

I like apples but don't care for pie -- hubby sure does love it - apple pie is his favorite.

Somebody mentioned Honeycrisp apples - Aren't they just the best!!? I discovered them in NH the last couple years we were there. I'll have to look for them here. Thanks for mentioning that.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:54 AM

180 posts, read 662,573 times
I wish I knew! I can't wait to stop by this weekend and try and remember who it was who gave us the selection of apples. We had always used macintosh or something "meaty" but the one's that she gave us they were much sweeter and a WONDERFUL combination!!!

I've never heard of Honeycrisp apples! I'll have to try

Old 09-25-2007, 10:20 AM

RLamothe,

Honeycrisp apples were very popular at Tougas Farms in Northborough. They were the first apples to sell out. I am sure you must have been to Tougas Farms on a field trip at least once when you were in school! I miss Tougas Farms. So much fun.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:03 PM

180 posts, read 662,573 times
Haha yes I have absolutely been there! So maybe I've had honeycrisp too but I just didn't know what they were called. Are you from Northboro??

Old 09-25-2007, 12:05 PM

No I'm from Westborough. I think we PM'd each other a while back and discovered we were both from the same town.

Old 02-11-2021, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 206 times
Default Apple Orchard

Check out Many Rivers Farm just north of Durham in Bahama. Heirloom apples and peaches. Mostly u-pick. ManyRiversFarm.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary