U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:08 AM

5,925 posts, read 7,664,714 times

Advertisements

Love-U charges $40 for a pedi. FORTY DOLLARS?

Oh he11 no.

IMHO a Pedi should not cost more than $25. I don't need an hour long deal with massage. I want my toenails trimmed and painted. If I want a massage I'll go to a professional masseuse and do my whole body. Geez. What a ripoff here in this area.

Last edited by lottamoxie; 07-19-2009 at 08:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 03:06 PM

241 posts, read 791,821 times
Chiming in late... but I've been here a year and been to 5 nail places... I get acrylic or gel at each... I've been getting acrylic nails for 15 years and until coming to NC had never heard of gel nails.

1. Red Nails -ten ten and kildaire - Used a coupon in the valu-pak mailer. Been here 3 times. The quality was great but every nail was cut at a slight 10 degree angle. It was like the tech was sideways when he filed my nails. Same for my friend's nails that he did... all sideways. The price was great after the $5.00 off coupon ($30 for a set of french tip gels, if I recall correctly).

2. US Nails - NW Maynard Road near high house in Cary - I saw an ad somewhere boasting their amazing thin gel nails. Sat down and loved the guy who was doing my nails... he was incredibly friendly. Half way through he said "yes, these nails are great and worth every penny!" Then I asked how much... "$70". YIKES. One set of nails here cost me $70. I had NO idea, and feel quite stupid for not asking ahead of time.

3. Triangle Hair and Nail Spa - crossroads in Cary - Okay, so I only got a pedicure here, but they were pretty good. I paid an extra $10 for 10 minutes more massage with warm rocks etc. Total was $45. The atmosphere is nice and the people are nice. However, my friend doesn't want to go back because they hurt her last time. I loathe going to crossroads when it's busy, so I might avoid this place if you don't like crowds.

4. Hollywood Nails - ten ten and kildaire near lowe's foods - I've been seeing Don there for a while and really like him. The price was okay, $40 ($35 with a coupon on the back of your lowe's receipt) for acrylic pink and white new set with gel top coat. But the fill was $25 and that really threw me off... so I would get a new set each time and wait 6 weeks or so instead of going every 4. I'm moving in a month so I started looking at salons near our new house. Also, my friend got a pedicure here and found the lady that did her toes to be rough and mean. Not a good combo.

5. Luxury Nails - Green level to durham road near the Teeter - I got one set here. I couldn't afford the pink and white at $45 and $30 for a fill, so I got a set of clear nails and they painted a sheer pink over... that was $35 (I think, now I can't remember!). The tech was sweet, the nails looked okay, the polish lasted a long time but... they lift really easily I'm SO bummed.

I only used one nail tech when I went to each place... I didn't feel comfortable saying "ya, you didn't work for me, I want him/her."

I'm determined to find a great acrylic nail place to call home!!!! Please post if you have had another experience!

Last edited by Petunia16; 07-30-2009 at 03:22 PM..

Old 07-30-2009, 03:18 PM

553 posts, read 1,053,899 times
I went to Lux on Spring Forest Road just the other day. I had a great pedi for $40.00. Very clean.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:24 PM

718 posts, read 2,634,853 times
Lee Nails in Cary next to Z-Pizza in Stone Creek Village off of High House. Best pedicure. Get the Plus for 35.00 it is a hour pedi, they remove all dead skin with a ped egg type deal it is wonderful.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:07 PM

168 posts, read 278,154 times
I am a fan of Beverly Nail in Beaver Creek. It is clean, you can choose your level of pedicure and there are always coupons floating around. I have lived in this area for 10 years and this by far is the best place I have tried.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:37 AM

241 posts, read 791,821 times
Lee Nails sounds like a winner, so does Beverly Nail... They are both close to my new neighborhood...might have to check them out... thanks!

I went to Simply Nails on 55 near Davis (I believe... or is it High House?) Near the Dunkin' Donuts, across from the Teeter on friday, 7/31. My friend, a fellow City-Data poster, went with me.

Turns out, they are under new management as of 4 days prior! So, they were very determined to make us happy, which was really sweet.

My friend thinks they are great and wants to go back... I would say she is the pickier of the two of us I ran into a few snags, but overall, I'm pretty happy with what they did.

I got a pedicure, $28, and a full set of gel nails, $40. My friend got a mani and pedi combo for $33. My massage chair was broken, but otherwise, it was a great pedi. My nails look really good except for a few little uneven places. Two are already starting to lift a day later... but the owner, Johnny, said I could go back if I had any problems... so I might have him glue these two. Oh, and they will have coupons in the upcoming Pennysaver.

If in a few weeks these gels are still looking good, I may call this place home I'll keep everyone posted... and if anyone else has anything to report, please let us know!

Old 08-02-2009, 07:33 AM

4 posts, read 15,679 times
Its called roxys nails in the riverwood community in the city of clayton next to the best hair salon studio 24. very clean, nice down to earth people who give great service,great atmosphere couldnt be a better place!

Old 08-02-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona25 View Post
I need to start looking into stuff around Clayton. Any recommendations for both hair and nails? They don't have to be at the same location.

Man am I going to miss my stylist. He's a sweetheart. Waaah!
I would go to studio 24 in clayton in the riverwood community their great!

Old 08-02-2009, 07:40 AM

Studio 24 in claytons phone no. is 919-533-8700

Old 08-02-2009, 07:51 AM

3,727 posts, read 9,276,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slynn41072 View Post
Lee Nails in Cary next to Z-Pizza in Stone Creek Village off of High House. Best pedicure. Get the Plus for 35.00 it is a hour pedi, they remove all dead skin with a ped egg type deal it is wonderful.
I also vote for Lee Nails...great pedi. The place is spotless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary