U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 08:55 AM

9 posts, read 8,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post
So I train my dogs to compete in agility. I drive to Chapel Hill from West Cary once a week but really need a much more local, convenient place to train. Our yard is wooded and I literally have no space. I have some portable jumps, some stick in the ground weave poles, and a tunnel. Does anyone here know of or own a flat, mowed, somewhat large piece of property I could use to train on once or twice week?

I have considered using the field at White Oak Park in the very early morning, but my dog/s would need to be off leash.... And i still need to set up and take down the equippment. I am really at a loss for where to go. Any suggestions? Since we are leasing I can not do anything about our current yard.
Voltige, have you tried asking a church for permission? Some of them have great grassy areas that are not normally used by members for picnics etc. That's what we were able to do in California.
You might also check Autumn Winds to see if she will rent time at one of her Agility fields.
Please let us all know if you've found a good space to work! Thanks, Helen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 09:13 AM

98 posts, read 199,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieB View Post
Can you tell me where the place in Apex is that allows you to rent practice time at the facility? I know that Town & Country does NOT allow that; I have asked them and they don't allow it due to insurance requirements. I understand there is a privately owned facility somewhere near Route 64 and 751 or Wilsonville, but haven't found it yet. Anyone know?
Maybe the rules at Town and Country have changed, but to my knowledge if you are taking classes there and have signed a waiver, you can rent the field for a small fee when the field isn't being used for anything else.

You may use the excellent equipment they have there as long as it's put back as you've found it.

Like I said, maybe they changed the rules, but this was the case for a while, at least.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:48 AM

4,598 posts, read 8,632,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuthL View Post
Maybe the rules at Town and Country have changed, but to my knowledge if you are taking classes there and have signed a waiver, you can rent the field for a small fee when the field isn't being used for anything else.

You may use the excellent equipment they have there as long as it's put back as you've found it.

Like I said, maybe they changed the rules, but this was the case for a while, at least.
Yes, as far as I know this is still the way they operate. It would have had to of changed VERY recently otherwise.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:52 PM

545 posts, read 941,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieB View Post
Voltige, have you tried asking a church for permission? Some of them have great grassy areas that are not normally used by members for picnics etc. That's what we were able to do in California.
You might also check Autumn Winds to see if she will rent time at one of her Agility fields.
Please let us all know if you've found a good space to work! Thanks, Helen
No, but this is an excellent idea, thanks!!

I really don't want to go too far- if I want to drive, I can just go to where I take lessons. I just can't do that too often- time, money, gas, etc.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:29 PM

98 posts, read 199,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuthL View Post

I confirmed that it is possible, but they are very hesistant and selective due to bad past experiences.

If you want to DM me your email address, I'll forward it to a person that has a lot of infulence on if you'd be able to rent the space. At this point I'd bet just calling the front desk will get you a flat "no".

Old 07-04-2012, 05:35 PM

6,081 posts, read 7,023,877 times
Autumn Winds agility (10 min from you) might have some suggestions. She teaches agility and her club meets on her property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary