Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 04:41 AM

1,521 posts, read 2,763,787 times

Advertisements

They use whiz on their cheesesteaks? Must go...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 06:42 AM

1 posts, read 817 times
We went last night.....the service was fine, the food was just okay but the prices were very high! We started with the pickle chips and they were less than average. Slices were way too big and the batter didn't have any taste. Our kids got the chicken tenders off the Kid's menu and they were happy with that. I got the veggie burger with a slice of cheese, one slice of tomato and a piece of lettuce ($8.50!) and a side salad. The burger had no taste so I dipped it in my balsamic dressing and that helped. My husband got the chili and it was quite good - best thing we had. For the price, I don't think we will be going back. They may want to add something different to the appetizer menu as it's mostly fried items (chips, pickles, etc.) It's just like every other 'neighborhood' bar that has opened (i.e. Tribeca) - the inside looks great, lots of TV screens, but the food really doesn't live up to the hype. Too bad as it's only 5 minutes from our house and we like to eat out on Sunday's especially during football season.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
ERH

1,699 posts, read 2,528,434 times
You know -- I think I'll open a restaurant. I can only cook one dish really well, so I think I'll just call my restaurant Baked Spaghetti. I'll add a spectacular salad, some home-baked bread, and some kind of frou-frou cheesecake factory dessert, and I'll be all set. Great food, fresh ingredients supplied by local farmers, but ONE menu item that's done really really well. Anyone want to partner?

Old 07-16-2012, 09:06 AM

455 posts, read 918,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERH View Post
You know -- I think I'll open a restaurant. I can only cook one dish really well, so I think I'll just call my restaurant Baked Spaghetti. I'll add a spectacular salad, some home-baked bread, and some kind of frou-frou cheesecake factory dessert, and I'll be all set. Great food, fresh ingredients supplied by local farmers, but ONE menu item that's done really really well. Anyone want to partner?
Do it as a food truck and you have a winner Most of the Food trucks only have like 3 or 4 items on their menu, and what they have are usually very good.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:22 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,763,787 times
Complaining about an $8.50 burger in a restaurant....with a side....really? Go order a 1/3lb burger and a side salad at McDonalds - what does it cost, $5? How cheap do you want them to price their food? Sorry had to say something.

We went the other night and were happy...the cheesesteak was good, obviously not a true cheesesteak but absolutely on the high end of what we've found around here. Overall the food was better than one would expect from a typical tavern, we'll be going back. Only constructive criticism I would provide is that the fries were good but tend to contain a lot of small fry "bits" versus regular fries. Maybe we just got the bottom of the bowl but lots of scraps and fewer actual fries. Nonetheless, food was good, I know where I'll get my whiz fix from here on out.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:12 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,228,024 times
Went today to finally check this place out. I had the Mac & Cheese, HUGE portion. It was really good! BF had the cheesesteak and he enjoyed it. We have no complaints, we will go there again. Looks like a great place to watch football
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary