U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 09:04 AM

4 posts, read 5,569 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I recently moved to Mebane, NC from Florida within the past year. My 1st wedding anniversary is next week on the 17th, but due to me and my hubby's work schedule, it looks like we will be busy until at least 6pm. I was thinking of doing something this Saturday the 14th however I don't know the area well and we are on a tight, tight budget. I'd rather not do the classic dinner out thing.... I was thinking of something different, and possibly outdoors. Any suggestions would be helpful.

An original thought was a picnic at a nice park, however I had trouble finding a nice enough one... and my husband and I are sort of, well, goofy.... I'm not sure if we would be able to have a serious, romantic time there..... PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 09:11 AM

18 posts, read 28,304 times
Go take a walk around Duke Gardens and bring a picnic lunch. They do charge a little for parking in their main parking areas, but it is beautiful, outside, and lots of quiet/romantic places for a meal. Weather is supposed to be perfect this weekend!

Old 04-11-2012, 09:53 AM

9,198 posts, read 21,155,718 times
Duke Gardens is a wonderful suggestion. Not as nice, but a little closer to Mebane, would be one of the parks in Hillsborough along the Eno River (Gold Park or River Park).

Maybe stop for an ice cream cone, sit on the country porch rockers, and enjoy the sunset over the farm fields at the Maple View Dairy Country Store in Hillsborough (south of the town).

http://www.mapleviewfarm.com/locatio...ntry-store.php

Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 AM

635 posts, read 1,374,024 times
Duke Gardens was also going to be my suggestion!!

Old 04-11-2012, 10:55 AM

1,349 posts, read 1,609,299 times
That's a no brainer, go to the truck race Sunday at the Rock!

Old 04-11-2012, 02:25 PM

Thanks, I will try Duke Gardens. And I wanted to plan for Sunday but he asked if he could go paintballing that day... lol

Old 04-12-2012, 07:56 AM

16 posts, read 33,326 times
You could also consider going for a hike at the Eno River State Park, also in Durham. Free parking, lots of different trails to choose from. Many of the trails cross/follow the river, too- perfect if you get the sudden urge to freeze in the water

Old 04-12-2012, 08:27 AM

Sounds like a good idea. Anyone know of a shop where you can make candles, really anywhere between Burlington and Durham.. I had an urge to do that last night, but couldn't find any on my own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary