U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 09:00 AM

9,558 posts, read 26,423,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
There's always the doughnut food truck

Monuts Donuts - Durham, NC
^^ These are the best donuts I have ever had in my life. The husband / wife team sell them at the Durham farmers market and they often sell out of 40 dozen within the first 45 minutes. Very popular!

Seriously.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 11:48 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,050,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
^^ These are the best donuts I have ever had in my life. The husband / wife team sell them at the Durham farmers market and they often sell out of 40 dozen within the first 45 minutes. Very popular!

Seriously.
I'm a lifelong lover of Krispy Kreme and will occasionally go for a Daylight's but Main Street Grille in Wake Forest blows both of them out of the water IMO. NRG, if you've had Main Street's, how to they compare to Monuts?

Old 04-12-2012, 12:00 PM

9,558 posts, read 26,423,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndroid View Post
I'm a lifelong lover of Krispy Kreme and will occasionally go for a Daylight's but Main Street Grille in Wake Forest blows both of them out of the water IMO. NRG, if you've had Main Street's, how to they compare to Monuts?
I've been to Main Street's in Wake Forest three times and have had their apple cider donut. It was awesome the first time I had it but not quite as good the second and third time. I think they have a good recipe but its execution has been inconsistent. I am willing to give them another try though . Right now I would have to say that Monuts Donuts Is the King of the Hill!

Old 04-13-2012, 06:21 AM

814 posts, read 1,703,212 times
I love a KK, but also like a really really good cake donut. I have had the Dunkin and must say I just dont get all the hoopla. Went to one in Chicago and it was greasy and heavy, yuk. The ones in the DD opened in Glenwood South were always greasy and usually pretty past their prime. No wonder it closed quickly.

I loved Daylight donuts...hate hearing that they closed!!!!

And yes, Monuts is awesome, but hard to find.

And I am in agreement that Britts in Carolina Beach is the best donut in NC.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:49 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,050,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usedtobe VaNC View Post
I love a KK, but also like a really really good cake donut. I have had the Dunkin and must say I just dont get all the hoopla. Went to one in Chicago and it was greasy and heavy, yuk. The ones in the DD opened in Glenwood South were always greasy and usually pretty past their prime. No wonder it closed quickly.

I loved Daylight donuts...hate hearing that they closed!!!!

And yes, Monuts is awesome, but hard to find.

And I am in agreement that Britts in Carolina Beach is the best donut in NC.
The Daylight Donuts on Creedmoor is still open! It's kinda tucked back in a shopping center and hard to see from the road, but my husband 'discovered' it the other day and was very excited because it's on his way to work.

And I agree about the Dunkin thing - ewww. If I want a cake donut (which I don't that often), I'll take a blueberry cake donut from KK thankyouverymuch!

Old 04-13-2012, 06:58 AM

105 posts, read 144,431 times
I'm a huge donut fan also. I grew up on KK and DD. Now that I'm older I've found that I tend to like DD better, even for glazed...

DD's in the triangle really vary by location. You will find some that sell old stale donut (six forks road), and others that always have mostly fresh donut (hwy 54/751 location). I had a couple of bad experiences with the DD on Davis Drive/Morrisville location recently (cream filled donut with no creme, etc), and have decided I can only get DD from the 54/751 location now.

I recently started getting Lowes Foods donut, and they are actually pretty decent, but lack in variety.

The actual best donut I've ever had come from T Distefano's Bakery in Mebane. It is a short drive, but well worth it! They are close to the Tanger Outlets, so you can make a day of it. I never mess an opportunity to have some of their donut/cakes/pies. One of the best cinninmon rolls/glazed/creme filled donut you will ever find. Go early to avoid the rush!

Old 04-13-2012, 08:22 PM

2,932 posts, read 6,717,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
There's still a Daylight Donuts in Cary. At least I'm assuming it's still open since I just drive by the place. It's near the corner of High House and Maynard.
I wish you were right. That would have made my day! Someone brought a super-delicious banana flavored donut (i forget the exact name of it) to work and that next week the Brier Creek Location closed. I was so bummed.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:11 PM

246 posts, read 554,158 times
Holy old thread Batman!

For Cary, there is now Baker's Dozen.
Baker's Dozen Donuts - Raleigh, NC | Yelp

Old 02-27-2014, 01:31 PM

3,744 posts, read 9,442,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkcary View Post
I love Dunkin' Donuts. My experience with krispy kreme have been awful ... I always go to the Dunkin' in Cary on route 55 beside Walmark and Blockbuster parking lot.

Let me know who else like Dunkin at Cary NC.
Revival of very old thread for no reason.
Hmmm...smells like the owner of this DD franchise.....

Old 02-27-2014, 01:43 PM

4 posts, read 5,261 times
Just drive to Peace Street and get a KK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary