Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 02:50 PM

57 posts, read 197,586 times

Advertisements

I began the process of digitizing all of my music in both Apple's format and MP3, but realize I just don't have the time to do it.

Can anyone recommend a service in the Raleigh/Durham/Cary/Chapel Hill area that does this? While I am at it, I have some vinyl I would mind having digitized as well.

Thanks for the recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 03:23 PM

650 posts, read 923,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alzora View Post
I began the process of digitizing all of my music in both Apple's format and MP3, but realize I just don't have the time to do it.

Can anyone recommend a service in the Raleigh/Durham/Cary/Chapel Hill area that does this? While I am at it, I have some vinyl I would mind having digitized as well.

Thanks for the recommendations.
I went out and bought a USB turn table for my vinyl. Available at Costco for about $100.00

Old 04-13-2012, 11:53 PM

2,743 posts, read 4,797,156 times
My brother looked into that, as well as converting VHS tapes to MP4s. The cost for doing anything like that was much MUCH more than he felt he could pay. Doing this is easy, but the services take a fair amount of time and the labor costs will eat you alive.

I just digitized about 30 packages of pictures, some prints, some slides, some directly from the negatives, and just set up the scanner next to my PC and reloaded it ever few minutes while I was working on something else. Gradually the pile got smaller and smaller until I was done. It took several days but wasn't really that much of an interruption. I suggest you set up your CDs and Vinyl the same way.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:05 AM

19,368 posts, read 27,593,685 times
I'm not sure what you are looking to do, but we just finished burning about 400 cd's to google musiccloud storage using the built in windowsmedia burn thingy. Took very limited effort and time - all behind the scenes as we were doing other things online.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:15 AM

57 posts, read 197,586 times
I appreciate everyone sharing your experiences but please note that I really do not have the time to do this. Cost is not THAT much of a concern. Time is. And I do not have the time, so if anyone can recommend a local service that will do this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:24 PM

612 posts, read 1,275,186 times
I've heard this company advertise on the radio locally, but I have no experience with them.

Digital Media - Flicko's Video Services

Old 04-14-2012, 03:07 PM

875 posts, read 1,157,153 times
Just kick off a burn session before you go to bed, and one again when you leave for work, one again while cooking dinner, etc. You'll be done in no time. A burn session could take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour depending on album size, if you have a lot of albums/CDs that is a lot of labor cost.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:42 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,656,128 times
Have you tried hiring a neighborhood teen to do this?

Old 04-15-2012, 07:11 AM

1,370 posts, read 2,090,392 times
Rip Digital CD to MP3 Conversion Service. We rip your CDs to MP3, FLAC and Apple Lossless
Me and my husband did this about 6 years ago. I found this company out of NYC and they ripped all your CD's, gave you the music back on a digital file and gave you an iPod (they kept your CD's). My friends were so skeptical of me shipping off my CD's to some random person but it was awesome! We had so many CD's between us and they were just taking up space. Anyway - I can't find that company anymore and now it seems like there are lots of companies that do it but here's one - they pay for your shipping, you just pay for the "process"

Old 04-15-2012, 07:21 AM

9,126 posts, read 14,673,466 times
Personally I would be very skeptical of allowing anyone to keep my CDs. Theoretically that's the only proof you have payed for that music. It's unlikely you will. Ever be in trouble, but of the RIAA ever found out and wanted to make an example, you'd be in a world of crap.

There are plenty of places that will do this for you and send it all back to you, I just never heard of any local ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary