Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 08:53 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,556,064 times

Advertisements

Will be 30 years for me this summer :-) I came on a temporary assignment for IBM from Upper State NY and was only coming for one year and one year only......un huh ;-) Well like I said before I was going back and I finally stopped crying after 2 years and LOVE it here and couldn't picture myself anywhere else......Lifes great!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 09:02 PM

247 posts, read 451,444 times
3 years this summer and we couldn't be happier with our choice!

Old 04-18-2012, 07:11 AM

520 posts, read 1,014,748 times
Closed on our house 2 years ago this coming May & are delighted with Durham. Friendly people, awesome attitude to the town, great restaurants, lovely little farmers market, plenty to do in the area & access to some unique opportunities via the colleges in the area.

I've lived several places in my life, but never embraced an area like I have here. I won't say never (life isn't that cooperative all the time ) but given my choice I'll won't be moving away any time soon.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:13 AM

2,904 posts, read 5,911,424 times
Moved here from Miami in the mid 1990s and could not be happier with our low stress, friendly, fun life here. Not ever leaving unless our daughter does.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:23 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,895,414 times
Born here in 1950, and I'm not going anywhere

Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 AM

273 posts, read 561,428 times
Been here 12 years. Enjoy the area very much, but with kids i do contemplate moving to Florida or back to NY to be closer to family.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:21 PM

2 posts, read 1,267 times
We've been here 3 years and I couldn't be happier with the house, area and especially the people - so much friendlier than where we used to live (in FL)

Old 04-19-2012, 08:25 PM

78 posts, read 353,119 times
Glad to see so many good experiences!

Could do without the pine pollen too, and the severely increased difficulty in growing a nice lawn...but we'll survive... LOL...

Love the down home NC relaxed lifestyle, plus the melting pot of cultures, people, and things to do here, little bit of everything, makes it that much better, IMO.

I have met a ton of NY transplants, especially in Wake Forest, kind of a surprise. I am originally from Ohio and have only ran into 2 others from there so far, but everyone else not native to NC seems to be from NY...lol...

Old 04-19-2012, 09:20 PM

9,767 posts, read 15,739,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytrepper View Post
Glad to see so many good experiences!

Could do without the pine pollen too, and the severely increased difficulty in growing a nice lawn...but we'll survive... LOL...

Love the down home NC relaxed lifestyle, plus the melting pot of cultures, people, and things to do here, little bit of everything, makes it that much better, IMO.

I have met a ton of NY transplants, especially in Wake Forest, kind of a surprise. I am originally from Ohio and have only ran into 2 others from there so far, but everyone else not native to NC seems to be from NY...lol...
That's funny, I moved to Chapel Hill, and I have two Ohioans across the street from me (both from Cleveland area). And one of my daughter's friends moved here from Columbus. I haven't met ANY New Yorkers yet! I've only met one NC/Chapel Hill native. I'm still new here, so I haven't quite adjusted yet. But my good experiences so far are the lack of traffic and the warmer weather. Also, good strawberry picking/farms close by!

Old 04-19-2012, 09:30 PM

78 posts, read 353,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
That's funny, I moved to Chapel Hill, and I have two Ohioans across the street from me (both from Cleveland area). And one of my daughter's friends moved here from Columbus. I haven't met ANY New Yorkers yet! I've only met one NC/Chapel Hill native. I'm still new here, so I haven't quite adjusted yet. But my good experiences so far are the lack of traffic and the warmer weather. Also, good strawberry picking/farms close by!
Haha. Maybe they all have their "part of town"?

I live in a small close-knit neighborhood out in the country, with about 30 houses total, 12 of which are NY natives, 1 is a Canadian native, and 8 more so far are NC natives. LOL. I havent met the other 9 yet.

The native ohioans I met are both coworkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary