U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 02:56 PM

3,861 posts, read 9,274,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Glad to hear Justin started his own company now. He never called me back with a price quote on a complete system replacement the last time he came out when he was doing side work, so maybe I'll give him another chance to impress me....LOL!
He was really swamped for a while holding his old job, plus all the side work. Give him another call, I am sure he will come through for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 07:02 PM

982 posts, read 2,144,860 times
I recommend Justin, also. I called him once, and he came out and fixed the problem even though it was a late in the day. The AC was luke warm the first time I turned it on one summer, and it turned out the ARS people did something wrong when they had serviced it over the previous winter (they installed it originally). It was as simple as plugging a plug into where it was supposed to have been, but when they serviced the unit they didn't plug it in after having unplugged it.

If I needed a new system, I'd call Justin. He was great. At the time mine was installed I didn't know anything about City Data.
best,
toodie

Old 04-18-2012, 07:31 PM

467 posts, read 1,552,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Glad to hear Justin started his own company now. He never called me back with a price quote on a complete system replacement the last time he came out when he was doing side work, so maybe I'll give him another chance to impress me....LOL!
That was my experience w/ him last month -- a no call, no show for our appt. He called me a few days later, saying he'd forgotten, then sent a text message a day or so later blaming a broken cell phone for missing our confirmed appt. That made me uncomfortable, for this kind of expense, so I never responded.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:43 PM

2,241 posts, read 2,190,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan63 View Post
Justin replaced my complete HVAC system (Natural Gas too) and did an awesome job. My Heater/Coils/AC/ect is warrantied 10 years. I highly recommend him for a new HVAC system as he met and exceeded my expectations from start to finish. I can't say enough good about him and his crew. My system ran great through last summer, the winter, and is doing great now.

I, seriously, would at least have him quote you and see if it fits your budget. I, again, can't say enough good about him.
Did he install a Goodman system for you?

Had him out at my house last week to repair a leak and replace a condensor fan. Great service. We tore the coil out of my Lennox system and it had significant rust (copper coil) but no leaks (6 yr old system). He said Goodman uses aluminum coils which do not rust and why they warranty their stuff for 10 years.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:04 AM

520 posts, read 853,163 times
We had to replace ours last spring & ended up going with Allen Kelley & Company. The price was average compared to other estimates we were given, but we've been very happy with the service. I can still e-mail our sales person & get a response from her .

What ever you do get a couple estimates & have them explain everything it includes so you really know what you are comparing. We had several and one jumped out as significantly higher than the others. Turns out they were tacking on a lot of work the other 3 companies said we didn't need. Without multiple estimates we would have never known.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:46 AM

33 posts, read 73,166 times
Just used Justin Woodlief for a system replacement. Excellent work! Go with him you won't regret it.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:18 PM

674 posts, read 1,280,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapdad00 View Post
Did he install a Goodman system for you?

Had him out at my house last week to repair a leak and replace a condensor fan. Great service. We tore the coil out of my Lennox system and it had significant rust (copper coil) but no leaks (6 yr old system). He said Goodman uses aluminum coils which do not rust and why they warranty their stuff for 10 years.
Yes, but at my request since my old system was Goodman and 20 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary