Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 05:03 PM

569 posts, read 1,978,110 times

Advertisements

I am starting to get quotes to replace my natural gas HVAC system. It is working but very old and now seems like a good time to replace it.

I am looking for recommendations for a good company to use, especially from people that have had theirs replaced? I am in Wake Forest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 07:05 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs555 View Post
I am starting to get quotes to replace my natural gas HVAC system. It is working but very old and now seems like a good time to replace it.

I am looking for recommendations for a good company to use, especially from people that have had theirs replaced? I am in Wake Forest.
I will say that I have had Casey Service HVAC come out for an estimate on repairs for us (they are less than a mile from our house in wake forest) and they were always the HIGHEST bid I have seen.

This past year we had another issue with our HVAC (in a house that is only 7 years old) and based on sacredgrooves recommendation, I called Justin Woodlief - 919-796-2017. He just started his own company after being in the business for a long time and he was very very good. He gave me a very good price, and had our hvac working in less than 24 hours. He also told me why the same issue had been happening over and over again. His quote was 200 less than Casey Services.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:42 PM

569 posts, read 1,978,110 times
Yea, I called Casey for a quote and woman said everyone was out and they would get back to me. They never called back so I crossed them off the list.

Didn't know Justin was a company. From previous threads thought he was just moonlighting. Would have no problem using him to service an existing unit, but would rather have an established company when spending so much money on a new system.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:45 PM

286 posts, read 749,696 times
Quote:
Yea, I called Casey for a quote and woman said everyone was out and they would get back to me. They never called back so I crossed them off the list.

Didn't know Justin was a company. From previous threads thought he was just moonlighting. Would have no problem using him to service an existing unit, but would rather have an established company when spending so much money on a new system.

Comfort Masters - 919.878.0998 (pm sent)

Old 04-17-2012, 08:24 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,355,335 times
I used Shumate when I replaced my downstairs HVAC. I was very happy with the pre-sales consultation, installation and price.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:42 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,839,827 times
Quote:

Justin started his business last year as he was tired of making someone else wealthy lol. The units are warrantied by the manufacturer, so big company or small company has no bearing. On a more important note, you will save substantial money having a system installed by him. The money he saves people on service calls is piddly compared to what he can do for a system install. He saved my father a couple thousand dollars last year. Worth a call if nothing else.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 AM

342 posts, read 751,800 times
Same bad experience with Casey - never called back. BUT another vote for Justin!

Old 04-18-2012, 09:21 AM

735 posts, read 1,584,442 times
Justin replaced my complete HVAC system (Natural Gas too) and did an awesome job. My Heater/Coils/AC/ect is warrantied 10 years. I highly recommend him for a new HVAC system as he met and exceeded my expectations from start to finish. I can't say enough good about him and his crew. My system ran great through last summer, the winter, and is doing great now.

I, seriously, would at least have him quote you and see if it fits your budget. I, again, can't say enough good about him.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:37 AM

273 posts, read 562,545 times
I have used Justin as well for servicing my HVAC system. You can't go wrong with him. I will be calling him soon for my annual service.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:41 AM

4,164 posts, read 4,876,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
Justin started his business last year as he was tired of making someone else wealthy lol. The units are warrantied by the manufacturer, so big company or small company has no bearing. On a more important note, you will save substantial money having a system installed by him. The money he saves people on service calls is piddly compared to what he can do for a system install. He saved my father a couple thousand dollars last year. Worth a call if nothing else.
Glad to hear Justin started his own company now. He never called me back with a price quote on a complete system replacement the last time he came out when he was doing side work, so maybe I'll give him another chance to impress me....LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary