U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 12:53 PM

1,336 posts, read 2,697,414 times

Advertisements

Stones Throw will be at least a 20 minute drive, maybe more. IMO, it is not that appealing of a place, and it does not seem like a walkable area to me. (Even though it's right "in RTP", there is nothing around it.)

Have you considered renting a house? You might have more luckand being your age, single you'd probably do well to live in one of the cooler neighborhoods in Durham. It's a pretty hip place, from what I gather.

Other than that, unless dane's are on the "dangerous breed" list, then you should be OK finding a place. Most places around here allow big dogs, as long as they are not a problem, and not of a dangerous breed. (FWIW, I live in Cary, and would highly recommend my place, but the drive would be a killer for you!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 11:00 PM

4 posts, read 5,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lm_walters View Post
Hillsborough is very convenient to the VA hospital in Durham. There really isn't any traffic going that way in the morning or the afternoon. I drive it daily!
I'm really glad to hear that! Hillsborough looks like such a nice town. I've been checking out the "organic, community owned" market there and love what I see. I absolutely LOVE cooking and am excited for fresh, locally grown produce to expand my cooking passion.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:09 PM

4 posts, read 5,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmateo View Post
Stones Throw will be at least a 20 minute drive, maybe more. IMO, it is not that appealing of a place, and it does not seem like a walkable area to me. (Even though it's right "in RTP", there is nothing around it.)

Have you considered renting a house? You might have more luckand being your age, single you'd probably do well to live in one of the cooler neighborhoods in Durham. It's a pretty hip place, from what I gather.

Other than that, unless dane's are on the "dangerous breed" list, then you should be OK finding a place. Most places around here allow big dogs, as long as they are not a problem, and not of a dangerous breed. (FWIW, I live in Cary, and would highly recommend my place, but the drive would be a killer for you!)
Thanks for the advice! I would hardly call myself "hip". Not real concerned with a cool neighborhood, I just don't want to live somewhere with a bunch of rowdy youngun's. (Now I sound old!) Great Danes are by no means dangerous, but you'd be surprised how many places forbid them or dogs over 60 or 75 lbs. I understand the policies, but she is a lot more well-mannered and clean than a lot of kids. It is frustrating since she is like a child to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary