Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 06:59 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,800,678 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for making my stay there one of the best experiences of my life!

I really should have posted this about a month ago, but didn't get the time until now...so here it goes!

Long story short, I turned 18 and packed my car up to head south (from NY). My destination was to Florida, but I didn't want to drive the full 20 hours in one day, so I decided to spend the night in Raleigh. I was close to the downtown area which isn't too bad looking at night...but anyway...

The hotel that I stayed at was the most cleanest, well-organized hotel I've ever stayed at. The lady at the front desk even gave me a bag of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies when I got there! Every sidewalk was clean, which surprised me, and NC drivers really aren't as bad as I had heard they were.

Back on track...

NC is a beautiful state. I can't say that I enjoyed driving through it more than I did Virginia, but NC is definitely a close match to it.

Everyone, from gas station employees to retail associates, seems to be very, very happy with what they're doing and a lot of them are quite intelligent as well. I talked to a native of Raleigh at a burger joint and I was fascinated at how polite and politically correct he was when we were discussing even the most debatable current political topics.

Now that I am in Florida, I am learning to dislike it more and more, so I think I might just head north for 12 hours and stop in Raleigh to sign an apartment lease!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 07:06 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,894,842 times
Once you go Cackalack, you never go back.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:11 AM

22,651 posts, read 36,657,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
OMG - thanks for the laugh!

Old 04-20-2012, 07:37 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,137,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
haha that needs to be a bumper sticker.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:02 AM

794 posts, read 1,322,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I just wanted to say THANK YOU for making my stay there one of the best experiences of my life!

I really should have posted this about a month ago, but didn't get the time until now...so here it goes!

Long story short, I turned 18 and packed my car up to head south (from NY). My destination was to Florida, but I didn't want to drive the full 20 hours in one day, so I decided to spend the night in Raleigh. I was close to the downtown area which isn't too bad looking at night...but anyway...

The hotel that I stayed at was the most cleanest, well-organized hotel I've ever stayed at. The lady at the front desk even gave me a bag of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies when I got there! Every sidewalk was clean, which surprised me, and NC drivers really aren't as bad as I had heard they were.

Back on track...

NC is a beautiful state. I can't say that I enjoyed driving through it more than I did Virginia, but NC is definitely a close match to it.

Everyone, from gas station employees to retail associates, seems to be very, very happy with what they're doing and a lot of them are quite intelligent as well. I talked to a native of Raleigh at a burger joint and I was fascinated at how polite and politically correct he was when we were discussing even the most debatable current political topics.

Now that I am in Florida, I am learning to dislike it more and more, so I think I might just head north for 12 hours and stop in Raleigh to sign an apartment lease!
I experienced the same thing when I drove down from DC about a year and a half ago on a spur of the moment decision to spend a weekend with my parents who were traveling around the south (I want to be retired too!). Long story short...my 1 year residency anniversay is coming up on the 29th!

Glad you enjoyed it! Come on back anytime!

Old 04-20-2012, 10:23 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,335,330 times
Which Raleigh hotel did you stay at? Yes, the people here are hospitable and the streets are clean.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:11 AM

36,499 posts, read 53,926,720 times
apply for a job with the NC Chamber of Commerce. Thanks for the kind words.I don't live in Raleigh but I take the compliment for the state of NC and the Triangle as a whole.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_widget View Post
I experienced the same thing when I drove down from DC about a year and a half ago on a spur of the moment decision to spend a weekend with my parents who were traveling around the south (I want to be retired too!). Long story short...my 1 year residency anniversay is coming up on the 29th!

Glad you enjoyed it! Come on back anytime!
Yeah I will probably be moving to Raleigh in a few months...sooner hopefully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanieme View Post
Which Raleigh hotel did you stay at? Yes, the people here are hospitable and the streets are clean.
I stayed at the Marriott. Hotel wasn't too packed and everyone who worked there was more friendly and welcoming than I thought they would!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
apply for a job with the NC Chamber of Commerce. Thanks for the kind words.I don't live in Raleigh but I take the compliment for the state of NC and the Triangle as a whole.
Do you mention the Chamber of Commerce because they are hiring or something? I think I may take your advice!

Old 04-20-2012, 05:50 PM

924 posts, read 2,098,768 times
ja1myn, have you determined yet where you'll be living in Raleigh? I remember that you had posted on here a few times a couple of months ago for help and guidance in looking for rental places. What have you come up with? Just curious. Regardless, best of luck.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompope View Post
ja1myn, have you determined yet where you'll be living in Raleigh? I remember that you had posted on here a few times a couple of months ago for help and guidance in looking for rental places. What have you come up with? Just curious. Regardless, best of luck.
Yeah I am a very indecisive person which I am hoping to change so I made posts a few months ago in both the Florida and NC forums asking about rentals, etc.

I came to Florida after much thinking and I really just don't want to live here anymore, even though it's been quite a short period of time.

I think I want to live at the Gateway Park apartments which are about 5 minutes from downtown Raleigh I believe. They have a good reputation online and their prices are reasonable for what you get in my opinion. Would be better if I could have gotten a studio for less than $600 per month, but I don't think that will happen.

If you have any other suggestions for me, please post here or shoot me a direct message! Do you live in Raleigh, tompope?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary